latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

S3 File Downloads

Home Forums Community Forum S3 File Downloads

Tagged: 

This topic contains 47 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Andrew Hodges 3 years, 5 months ago.

Page 2 Of Topic Replies

Viewing 22 replies - 26 through 47 (of 47 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Jun 2nd, 2013 at 4:57 pm #51194

OK. Thanks for the reply.

So once you are logged in you will see in the bottom left again your login name. Click on that and you will be directed to your members page (this is created on registration) on that page you will see a link to Product Training > Read More (under the article) with take you to a page sporting the video (http://fernleafconsulting.co.uk/FLWP/portfolio-view/human-resources-add-new-user/). Another video is in http://fernleafconsulting.co.uk/FLWP/portfolio-view/balanced-score-card-introduction/ with a much larger video.

Back on the members page you will see a link to White Papers click through on that to the article and at the bottom of that page you will see the link to download the document.

As for the bucket content here you are. The pdf to be downloaded is CodeCanyonInvoice (just for something to use in the test)

Posted: Tuesday Jun 4th, 2013 at 7:44 pm #51383

on that page you will see a link to Product Training > Read More (under the article) with take you to a page sporting the video (http://fernleafconsulting.co.uk/FLWP/portfolio-view/human-resources-add-new-user/). Another video is in http://fernleafconsulting.co.uk/FLWP/portfolio-view/balanced-score-card-introduction/ with a much larger video.

Both videos started playing back in the embedded player without an error.

Back on the members page you will see a link to White Papers click through on that to the article and at the bottom of that page you will see the link to download the document.

Yes, found the download link to the PDF and got an error. Found that you have an extra directory in your URL there:

http://fernleafconsulting.co.uk/FLWP/wp-content/plugins/s2member-files/fernleaf/CodeCanyonInvoice.pdf

Removing [hilite mono]fernleaf/[/hilite] solves it and I could download the PDF.

You don’t need to include the bucket’s name there, that’s in your s2Member configuration for the Amazon integration. If you had in your bucket a subdir named “fernleaf” and the file inside it, then it’d be correct, but the file isn’t in a subdirectory of the bucket.

As for the bucket content here you are.

Thanks. In your Video Test page I changed the filename you had there (test.mp4) to the one I see in the screenshot (video.mp4), and it’s now working.

Everything seems to be working okay. Are you still having a problem I may have missed?

Posted: Friday Jun 7th, 2013 at 5:33 pm #51633

I am sorry I have not replied before now. In fact I thought I had so my mind is now going as well!

Yes videos have always worked as you will see from the posts (until Bruce and I played around). The path you refer to follows the syntax that Bruce suggested (again in the post history) so I can’t see why what you have come to is different from where we started?

But fixed is fixed I suppose we’ll see what happens on other posts.

Thank you for your help.

Posted: Saturday Jun 8th, 2013 at 6:23 am #51667

That’s good then! Thanks for the update. I hope it doesn’t give you any more trouble. :)

Posted: Friday Jun 14th, 2013 at 5:54 pm #51976

Cristián Hi

I am using this thread because during these conversations Bruce said that the error message on the registration page was blank. The inference was that my installation caused the problem.

I have now had reason to set up another site http://homeofaloevera.co.uk and of course want to use your plugin as I get more familiar with it. (1) Low and behold same problem. This is a new and straight forward install on a different host with only one site installed. It uses InFocus template recommended on your sight and has little else installed, yet.

I have that as an error (1) and when someone who is not logged in clicks on a link they shouldn’t (knowledge base – footer) the are sent to the options page. (2) If they click again or on another restricted page (videos) they go nowhere and get a url like this.

http://homeofaloevera.co.uk/hello/?_s2member_seeking%5Btype%5D=page&_s2member_seeking%5Bpage%5D=517&_s2member_seeking%5B_uri%5D=L3ByZXNlbnRhdGlvbnM%3D&_s2member_req%5Btype%5D=level&_s2member_req%5Blevel%5D=0&_s2member_res%5Btype%5D=page&s2member_seeking=page-517&s2member_level_req=0

is it me?

I won’t do anymore with it for now. I will need to instal pro in due course but would like to know I am not doing something basically wrong.

Posted: Saturday Jun 15th, 2013 at 6:39 am #51990

The Membership Options Page is returning a 414 error, because the URL is longer than the server configuration allows. You just need to ask your webhost to adjust the setting for you. http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E414.html

It’s better to fix that because there are other URLs that can be quite long and you don’t want them 414’ing and causing trouble with the transactions.

Regarding the login error not having any text in your installation, I don’t know what causes it. It works fine in mine:

You say you have little else than s2Member installed yet, could you deactivate that too and test a wrong login to see if the problem goes away? The error message is WordPress’, not s2Member’s, so other than an incomplete WordPress installation or a plugin changing it, or the theme, I don’t know what’d cause it.

Posted: Tuesday Jun 18th, 2013 at 7:36 am #52097

Thanks for the reply. You were right about the long string but it was not the provider blocking it. I installed a plugin Better WP Security after being subject to a number of attacks as a quick fix. It bans long URL strings as a possible threat.

As to the wordpress loggin error I am stumped. I have reinstalled the core files, remover plugin etc. Still the same thing and on three different hosting platforms.

So it is not an s2member problem but maybe you would let me know if you hear of anything releated

Thanks for the help I think we can close this thread now.

Posted: Wednesday Jun 19th, 2013 at 5:51 am #52179

Thanks for the update! I’m glad you sorted out the long URLs problem, and I’m sorry you couldn’t find the reason behind the failed login error. I hope you manage to fix it or that it doesn’t give you trouble beyond that.

Posted: Tuesday Jul 2nd, 2013 at 7:37 am #52891

In an effort to address the failed logins problem and to address the criticism of the setup of the Fern Leaf site I took time at the weekend to move the site into the same directory as the install.

fernleafconsulting.co.uk now resolves into root/fernleaf/flwp

In doing so the s2member settings went astray. Not sure why but I ended up resetting them all and guess what S3 did not work. I loaded the keys again, it went through the long process and vidoes reported the error loading stream: could not find ID on server. So using your script I removed s2’s settings set new keys with Amazon and started from scratch. Same error.

[s2Stream player="jwplayer-v6-rtmp-only" player_path="/jwplayer/jwplayer.js" player_width="480" player_height="270" file_download="Training-HR-Adduser-Broadband-High.mp4"/]

I am using the above but have tried some of the mod-rewrite linkages to no avail.

It seems there is something not quite right with my setup but I don’t know what.

By the way the error message on the login still is not correct but OK before s2member installed?

Posted: Friday Jul 12th, 2013 at 7:56 pm #53367

I wonder if I can have a reply to my question above dated 2 July.

I have today wiped and reentered all the keys, made new keys etc. Still no loading videos.

Posted: Saturday Jul 13th, 2013 at 6:38 am #53385

So sorry I had not seen it before.

It’s always good to make backups before changes like this, so you can easily go back to what was working if things go wrong.

could not find ID on server

Do you have the correct bucket in your S3 integration? Is the file in that bucket? Please check the casing too (names are case-sensitive).

By the way the error message on the login still is not correct but OK before s2member installed?

I don’t know why you get that error either. You’re the only one having this problem I’ve known of, so it seems unique to your installation. If you install a clean WP do you get the error there? If you just add s2Member, do you get the error then? This is part of the tests suggested in the troubleshooting tips article. Have you tried them all? Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

Posted: Saturday Jul 13th, 2013 at 1:11 pm #53401

I did of course have a back up but you’ll appreciate what a move it is to change the DNS entries change all of the entries in the blog posts etc so having done all that and worked out the scripts I am reluctant to role back especially as this is the only thing that does not now work and the improvements in caching etc have been immense.

So one problem at a time:

I also suspect that my original problems were never solved really, we did not understand why things worked again, they just did and that is always an uncomfortable feeling. When you can see the error and fix it you know it is fix when it just starts to work?

Do you have the correct bucket in your S3 integration? Yes I am sure that I do [fernleaf]
Is the file in that bucket? Yes it is
Please check the casing too (names are case-sensitive). I have cut and pasted the name in, I have typed it in it is exact
I have re-installed the plugin from bottom up
I have checked each key
I have wiped the keys using your function and re-entered them
I have deleted all of the keys, created new ones and re-inputted them, so they are new keys
I have wiped the keys with your function and re-inputted them again
I have removed the shortcodes in the posts and resubmitted them in different forms
I have used mod-rewrite linkages to try to resolve it.
I have added new media to the bucket and tried to attached to that
I have tried it by running the PHP code suggested in your pages and get Sorry, you do NOT have access to this file.

None of these things have worked.

As for the login issue lets not worry about that for now it is minor irritation compared to this

Posted: Tuesday Jul 16th, 2013 at 6:26 am #53494

Okay.

Well, the integration with S3 and CF seems to be correct, at least it’s trying to load the file from there. The error I get is about the missing signature. I checked the URL and it does have the variable in the querystring, but it doesn’t have a value. So I looked in the code and see that it gets base64 encoded in files-in.inc.php, but there must be something not working if nothing is returned.

Could you please try the server scanner again so we make sure it’s not a server thing? The troubleshooting tips include this step, but I haven’t received confirmation that you did these lately. Could you try the scanner now and confirm that it’s all green? I would have done it myself, but the FTP login you had sent before is not working for me now. Knowledge Base » s2Member® Server Scanner

Posted: Tuesday Jul 16th, 2013 at 7:50 am #53509

As requested

http://fernleafconsulting.co.uk/ServerScanBys2Member.pdf

all green.

Yes sorry about the login I set it to expire originally didn’t think we’d need it again. Just as a thought to your logic above we should remember that it was working of course, at least for a short period so is it likely to be the server?

Posted: Tuesday Jul 16th, 2013 at 6:11 pm #53530

Just for the sake of completeness I have updated the config file with

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '64M');
Posted: Tuesday Jul 16th, 2013 at 9:06 pm #53539

Thanks for doing that.

I know it worked for a while, but it isn’t know, and I wanted to make sure it wasn’t something that changed recently, better to make sure since we still don’t know what’s causing it.

I’ll ask Jason what he thinks.

In the meantime, could you submit new credentials? Thanks! s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Wednesday Jul 17th, 2013 at 5:23 am #53555

I have sent you credentials. FTP does not require a port number.

Posted: Wednesday Jul 17th, 2013 at 7:37 am #53573

Thanks! I forwarded it to Jason.

Posted: Thursday Jul 25th, 2013 at 8:00 am #54021

Hi there, how are we doing with this.

Posted: Thursday Jul 25th, 2013 at 8:29 am #54025

Jason left me a note earlier saying he’d investigate your problem, but hasn’t left an update since then. I’ll let you know as soon as I have an answer from him. :)

Posted: Friday Jul 26th, 2013 at 5:29 am #54127

Here’s what Jason replied:

I investigated this and found the following.

In short, this is caused by an invalid Private Key entered into s2Member’s configuration panel. s2Member is unable to generate an RSA-SHA1 signature because it has no valid PEM file to use (e.g. a valid Private Key). Please direct this customer to their Dashboard here to correct the problem: [hilite path]Download Options -> CloudFront -> Private Key[/hilite].

Posted: Friday Jul 26th, 2013 at 6:46 pm #54183

Well thats interesting. I opened the pk- .pem file with another application and instead of one continuous string it was formatted.

I copied that into the licence space and it has worked. Its the simple things! I am surprised that it authenticated when s2member set it up with S3 but there you go.

So I have tested the videos and they are fine but the download. Can I refer you to the post here 4 June 7.44

http://fernleafconsulting.co.uk/wp-content/plugins/s2member-files/CodeCanyonInvoice.pdf

This is my string now (FLWP has gone because of the reinstall) and I have removed the bucket name. As per your post.

But I am getting a 404. I have checked the name of the file on S3 it is exact.

Now if I use this

<a href="http://fernleafconsulting.co.uk/?s2member_file_download=CodeCanyonInvoice.pdf">

Then I can get it to work? Any thoughts. I do like to understand these things rather than settling for leave it alone while its working.

Viewing 22 replies - 26 through 47 (of 47 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.