latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

s3 video shows up only on pc and not devices

Home Forums Community Forum s3 video shows up only on pc and not devices

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Apr 19th, 2013 at 5:47 am #47861
Adam J. Botha
Username: adamj

Hey,

Forgive me for posting this a second time (and here) but before I’m gonna buy this product, it should be able to do what I intend to use it for.

I’ve been playing around with S2member for about a week now. Seems to be what I’ve been looking for. However, I’ve run into a snag.

Problem Overview:
I have uploaded a selection of videos (mp4) to Amazon AWS services. Strangely the videos gets only streamed to my pc and not on my mobile device (iPad) and it only worked on my pc after I added the “raw” tags to the shortcode.

Example:

[s2Stream player="jwplayer-v6-rtmp" player_path="/jwplayer/jwplayer.js" player_width="640" player_height="480" file_download="H264-640x480-iPad-mp4-PSP.mp4" /]

PS: Don’t know why the “/raw” tag is dropped here.

Then I uploaded the same videos to YouTube (just to verify that the videos work) and as it turns out, everything worked for both pc and mobiles. This is obviously not secure and not what I want.

Have also contacted the theme provider but they referred me back to the plugin vendor [s2member] with this issue.

I thought that my theme “inFocus” would work without any hassle since S2member is also using it for their theme.

What can I do to fix this, pleeease?

Best regards,
AJ

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Apr 19th, 2013 at 10:48 pm #47919
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

We are aware that inFocus requires [raw] tags for s2Member’s shortcodes to work correctly. We’ve contacted the theme developers and we haven’t heard back regarding it.

As far as videos not loading up on your phone, I’m not sure why this would be happening. You’re using s2Member’s s2Stream shortcodes, so you’re using JW Player v6 to play the videos.

What exactly does show up on your phone when you try to stream the video? Do you get an error, or just nothing appears?

Posted: Saturday Apr 20th, 2013 at 6:41 am #47979
Adam J. Botha

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for your response.

Its starts up with the usaul black jwplayer screen, but when selecting the video playback it generates an error.

“Error loading media: File could not be played”

Filetype: *.mp4

Regards,
AJ

Posted: Monday Apr 22nd, 2013 at 3:01 pm #48105
Adam J. Botha

Hey Bruce,

Do you need any additional information from me and how much time is required to resolve this issue? Have you tried to stream video or audio from Amazon with an iPad?

I bought the “inFocus” theme because its been promoted as being the “perfect theme” and is “highly recommend” by s2Member.
“Choosing The Perfect WordPress® Theme” from within your plugin.
perfect theme to work very well with the s2member plugin

As soon as this is resolved, I will buy this plugin.

Best regards,
AJ

Posted: Monday Apr 22nd, 2013 at 6:47 pm #48117
Bruce
Staff Member

Do you need any additional information from me and how much time is required to resolve this issue? Have you tried to stream video or audio from Amazon with an iPad?

I bought the “inFocus” theme because its been promoted as being the “perfect theme” and is “highly recommend” by s2Member.

We have not recreated this issue yet, as we do not provide support over the weekends. However I’m working with the development team at the moment, and we’ll report back to you ASAP.

As far as the inFocus theme goes, I don’t believe that the theme is what’s causing your issue. We are aware of the one issue with Shortcodes, but that is all.

Posted: Tuesday Apr 23rd, 2013 at 4:37 am #48162
Adam J. Botha

Thanks for the update.
I’m buying this plugin today assuming that the issue will be resolved soon.
In the meantime, I’ll start setting up all the additional features.

Posted: Friday May 3rd, 2013 at 1:06 am #49076
Adam J. Botha

Hey, any news regarding this issue?

Posted: Tuesday May 7th, 2013 at 8:03 pm #49413
Bruce
Staff Member

Hey, any news regarding this issue?

I’ve talked with our development team about this and we’ve had another report of problems with specific devices having trouble with streaming/downloading things, but I can download files myself on all of my devices. Sorry for the long delay here, we’ll get back to you as soon as we know more.

Posted: Wednesday May 8th, 2013 at 5:13 am #49477
Adam J. Botha

Thank you for the update.

Can we move this topic to the technical side?

Do you have any indication/planning when this issue will be dealt with?

Posted: Thursday May 9th, 2013 at 6:59 pm #49629
Bruce
Staff Member

Do you have any indication/planning when this issue will be dealt with?

We’re dealing with it currently. We will let you know when we find the issue. It’s just currently hard to test because we have been unable to reproduce the issue ourselves.

Posted: Thursday May 9th, 2013 at 7:01 pm #49630
Bruce
Staff Member

In the mean time, we recommend having a download button as well as a streaming possibility for Users that are unable to use your player.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.