latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

S3/CF/JWPlayer problem on 1 network

Home Forums Community Forum S3/CF/JWPlayer problem on 1 network

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday May 16th, 2013 at 1:58 pm #50082

Hello everyone,
I have commercial tutorial videos in Amazon S3/Cloud Front playing through JW Player. I have had 100’s of users access these videos with no issue. A new client in Vancouver is getting the error “Error loading stream: ID not found on server.” It is happening on all their computers on their service provider (PLNet), but the videos are working perfectly everywhere else in the world.

Does anyone have any ideas please?

Thank you,
Andrew

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday May 18th, 2013 at 11:47 am #50173
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Andrew,

I Googled your problem and I found the following article about it:
http://www.longtailvideo.com/support/jw-player/28840/troubleshooting-your-setup/

Does that help?

– Eduan

Posted: Saturday May 18th, 2013 at 11:56 am #50174

Thanks Eduan,
I have already gone through that page, thanks though.

The service provider (Professional Learning Network or PLNet) has something blocked. I had a two schools under the same network test and both had the same error. As I mentioned earlier, the videos are playing everywhere else in the world, just not under PLNet. Do you have any idea what it could be that they are blocking? If I knew I could request to have it fixed. It is understandably difficult to have PLNet test for me.

Any insight would be great.

Thank you,
Andrew

Posted: Wednesday May 22nd, 2013 at 6:07 pm #50394
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Well personally I’ve no idea. I’ll check if Jason knows anything. :)

Posted: Wednesday May 22nd, 2013 at 6:10 pm #50395

Thanks Eduan, that is greatly appreciated. If I had something I could suggest to the PLNet people, a port or something, then I could put in a request to them. At this point I am stumped.

If you need access to my site to test the videos yourself, just let me know and I will set you up.

Great product BTW. I have already recommended it to several friends in the education field.

Thank you,
Andrew

Posted: Wednesday May 22nd, 2013 at 9:28 pm #50404
Staff Member

I have commercial tutorial videos in Amazon S3/Cloud Front playing through JW Player. I have had 100′s of users access these videos with no issue. A new client in Vancouver is getting the error “Error loading stream: ID not found on server.” It is happening on all their computers on their service provider (PLNet), but the videos are working perfectly everywhere else in the world.

This sounds like it could be an issue with the service provider (as you mentioned). It sounds like the ISP is blocking videos; or perhaps blocking the RTMP protocol. I would ask the ISP to confirm the following.

Dear ISP, users on your network are reporting problems loading audio/video content from a well known CDN (Amazon Cloudfront) over the RTMP protocol. Please confirm there are no restrictions with this form of content? Or please assist me in tracking down the underlying cause of this problem.

Anyway, something along those lines. Some ISPs may choose to prohibit streaming media content because they are incapable of dealing with the high bandwidth normally associated with such things. Not common these days, but possible I suppose.

Also, I would check to see if any of these users are capable of downloading the audio/video content through a direct link to the MP4 file (for example). In other words, instead of playing it through JW Player; can they download the file with a direct link via Cloudfront?

If you get nothing back from the ISP, I would suggest contacting Amazon about this too. Perhaps there is a legal issue in a certain country that is preventing them from serving content through this ISP?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.