latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Sell content as membership and pay per view

Home Forums Community Forum Sell content as membership and pay per view

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Kevin Murphy 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Oct 15th, 2012 at 2:59 pm #28460
Jamey Turcic
Username: jlt1267

Hello. I’m look for a little guidance, perhaps some hack coding assistance. We are trying to sell content on on out site as both membership and pay per view.

I have my site setup using CCAP, and access to posts by paid members works as expected. As an extension, we want to also sell each article on a pay per view basis. That is all posts can be access by subscription members who are logged in, but these same individual articles can be purchased ala carte and accessed without signing in using the Specific Page/Posts feature.

The problem is, I can limit access to articles via ccap using a conditional, but then anyone who purchases a post alacarte can’t access the article because their isn’t a built in conditional that also evaluate (via an “OR” operator) whether someone has access via a self-expiring link. According to the support staff, it may be possible to write a hack to work around this limitation. I’m someone green on PHP hooks/filters, and many of the S2 hooks aren’t documented. Does anyone know which one I should be trying to use? Further, has anyone tried this or by will to try this and provide a little code guidance for a PHP greenie? :)

Thanks!

• This topic was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by  Jamey Turcic.
  • This topic was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by  Jamey Turcic.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Nov 2nd, 2012 at 6:07 am #30408
Sam Lee
Username: innocsrlee

We are trying to achieve this very thing. We’ve got posts/pages that are accessible to all, but with conditionals, we are hiding part of the content to anyone who is not logged in.

We would also like to sell single-post access, so that if someone views a post, reads the teaser, they can opt to buy access to that single post.

Would be really interested in knowing if there is a hack to achieve this!

Posted: Thursday Nov 29th, 2012 at 11:44 am #32916
Sam Lee
Username: innocsrlee

We ended up using custom capabilites in the end, which turned out to work quite well.

Membership and pay-per-post symbiosis

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  Sam Lee.
Posted: Tuesday Aug 20th, 2013 at 6:41 pm #56289

@innocsrlee would you mind elaborating on your solution, or posting a Git Gist?

We’re having the same issue with wanting to sell pay-per-post but assigning them to a user’s ID. Custom capabilities by ID sounds like a possible solution, be good to see how you tackled it.

More info on what we’re trying to achieve: http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/specific-post-access-assign-to-users-id/

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by  Kevin Murphy.
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.