latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

sandbox paypal pro / PayFlow Pro

Home Forums Community Forum sandbox paypal pro / PayFlow Pro

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Aaron Rossano 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jan 23rd, 2013 at 10:25 pm #39274

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jan 24th, 2013 at 5:28 am #39347
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry. ~ We appreciate your patience :-)

I’m sorry, can you please clarify for me, what is the ultimate goal here? To charge on a recurring basis through PayPal Standard Buttons, or to process on-site credit card transactions for recurring charges through s2 Pro Forms?

See also: Knowledge Base » PayPal® Pro (PayFlow Edition)
See also: Knowledge Base » s2Member® Pro Forms

Posted: Monday Jan 28th, 2013 at 7:21 pm #39818

hi jason,
thanks for the response.

i’m not using standard buttons at all, only pro.

the goal is to be able to charge recurring payments.
i’m currently already using the paypal pro form with recurring payments.
the way i have it configured at the moment is that it only allows recurring payments to users with a paypal account.
ideally i’d like it to allow users who want to put in the credit card too, either within paypal or on the site.

Posted: Thursday Jan 31st, 2013 at 6:59 am #40097
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up :-)

Your shortcode appears to be using attributes that work with PayPal Express Checkout only. If you intend to accept credit cards on-site, you will need to have the following two attributes properly configured.

accept="paypal,visa,mastercard,amex,discover,maestro,solo"
accept_via_paypal="paypal"

This is the default configuration when you generate a Pro Form.
See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms

If you’re using only PayPal® Express Checkout (i.e. you don’t have a PayPal Pro account).

accept_via_paypal="paypal,visa,mastercard,amex,discover,maestro,solo"

This allows you to accept everything still, but everything is processed via PayPal Express Checkout.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Regardless of the payment method selected, if you send customers through PayPal Express Checkout (even if they choose to use a credit card at PayPal), PayPal will require your customer to have (or be willing to signup for) a PayPal account. Buy Now transactions do NOT require a PayPal account, but anything recurring, PayPal requires them to have an account, regardless of payment method.

If you want to accept credit cards through a Pro Form (without your customers needing a PayPal account), you will need a PayPal Pro account with Recurring Billing Service enabled too. This way you can accept credit cards on-site with s2Member® Pro Forms. In that scenario, the default Pro Form works as expected.

accept_via_paypal="paypal"
Posted: Thursday Jan 31st, 2013 at 7:13 pm #40216

thanks for the encouragement.
it seems like the issue was with setting up a paypal sandbox australian account. as soon as i switched to american, all these options turned up and i was able to configure it and get it working correctly.
it’s really frustrating that within the sandbox it comes out different and a lot of the options are turned off even though the services are offered in australia.
corrected the form tag was something that got messy overtime trying to figure out why it wasn’t working..
thanks jason!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.