latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Scholarship fund in S2Member

Home Forums Community Forum Scholarship fund in S2Member

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Feb 10th, 2013 at 9:45 pm #41389
Nina Weinstein
Username: Nina

I’m creating a membership site to teach English to non-native speakers. I’d like them to be able to contribute to a scholarship fund for learners who can’t afford the membership fee. The scholarship fund can be different amounts, or if that won’t work, I can just make one fixed suggestion that they can say “Yes” or “No” to or otherwise choose. This is my first website, so is there an easy way to do this?

Also, I’m planning to restrict all or most of my content to members. Does S2Member allow SEO for restricted content?

Thank you.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Feb 12th, 2013 at 9:50 am #41560
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Nina,

You mean give your users the option of yes or no, if they choose yes they move on to paying and if they say no they just get redirected somewhere else saying sorry or something?

If they go for the yes, would they pay a fixed amount? Or will they be able to choose what they pay?

– Eduan

Posted: Tuesday Feb 12th, 2013 at 12:51 pm #41577
Nina Weinstein
Username: Nina

I’d like them to have these choices:

____ $__ for a membership (billed monthly)
____ $__ for a membership (billed yearly)
(They’d choose one billing method or the other.)

In addition, I’d like to know if they’d like to contribute to a scholarship fund.
____ Yes. I’d like to give $4.00 to the scholarship fund.
____ No. I don’t want to contribute at this time.
(At this point, if they added the $4.00, they’ll pay the membership, the $4, and join. If they said “No”, they’ll pay their membership fee and join.)

This is my first website, and the above has ground my progress to a halt. Will this membership plug-in do this? If so, how (step by step) can I set it up?

Thank you for any help you can give.

Posted: Thursday Feb 14th, 2013 at 7:43 pm #41736
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Nina,

Well I’m afraid this is more than what s2Member can handle. s2Member is pretty straight forward with it’s buttons.

You just generate a button that will give the user some access for a certain amount of money (subscription or a buy-now deal).

If you want to add extra steps to this, like asking the user questions and such I’m afraid you will need to custom code this.

However, I repeat, if you’re not offering content in return s2Member really isn’t useful in this case. It would be easier to go and use PayPal generated buttons.

– Eduan

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.