latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Screwed Up Amazon S3 distributions. Need help

Home Forums Community Forum Screwed Up Amazon S3 distributions. Need help

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Sep 1st, 2012 at 11:08 am #23790
RossGrant
Username: RossGrant

Hi guys,

I’m starting to use Cloudfront and S2 for my media.

I origianlly set up cloudfront and s2 on a staging site with one set of keys and a new s3 bucket all set up.

Everything worked just fine.

Now I want to take this over to production, i might have made a mistake by using the same keys and bucket.

I basically copied all the same info over from staging and saved it.

It said it had to configure the distos again which when I went into the cloudfront panel in Cloudfront I could see it had done.

But it had created 2 new distros on top of the original 2 from staging.

The media on staging stopped playing and nothing would appear on my production site in terms of media from cloudfront and the s3 bucket.

I thought okay, so set up a new pair of keys and a new bucket for production.

Now S2 can’t configure the buckets and clodfront on either staging or production.

I get this error:

Unable to auto-configure Amazon® CloudFront Distributions.
Error code: 400. Error Message: Unable to delete existing Amazon® CloudFront Downloads Distro. Unable to disable existing Amazon® CloudFront Distro. Unable to disable existing Amazon® CloudFront Distro. Bad Request

How can I rectify this or indeed just start from scratch?

Do I actually need 2 distros – one for each site, or can 2 sites share?

I just need to know the best way to set this up so that I can use both sites with this.

Any help would be great. i need to launch this site this weekend!

Ross :)

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Sep 1st, 2012 at 11:50 am #23792
RossGrant
Username: RossGrant

PROBLEM solved!

It;s okay guys, I deleted the buckets and distributions and started again.

All works great.

I’ve got one bucket and one pair of keys for each site and all works great :)

Posted: Sunday Sep 2nd, 2012 at 2:39 am #23826

Great! Thanks for the update. I’m glad you got it back up. Nice work! :)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.