latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

search protected content

Home Forums Community Forum search protected content

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Oct 10th, 2012 at 2:57 pm #28012
big tone
Username: bigtone

I want users to be able to search my newsletters that are protected with results of each newsletter that contains what they were searching for. But I don’t want them to be able to read the article until they pay for it. Is this possible with s2member?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Oct 11th, 2012 at 7:53 am #28110

I think you can.

The Alternative Views restriction lets you control whether a protected page shows up in the results or not. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Alternative View Protection[/hilite]

I’m not sure how much of the post is showing in your results, though, but if it’s the full post instead of a number of characters, you can try using WP’s “more” to define where the preview of the post ends before linking to the actual post. http://en.support.wordpress.com/splitting-content/more-tag/

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.