latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Security Badge Not showing up.

Home Forums Community Forum Security Badge Not showing up.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Apr 8th, 2013 at 2:22 pm #46857

Since the latest update (20130406) My security badge has not been displaying.

I go to the link it provides me for checking on it, and I get a 0 (instead of a 1), yet I have followed all the steps (for securing WP that you have provided) carefully, and even tried creating a custom log directory AFTER disabling the logging.

Nothing seems to be working.

Please assist.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Apr 8th, 2013 at 8:07 pm #46868
CC SHambres
Username: Chevaune

I have the same problem

Posted: Wednesday Apr 10th, 2013 at 1:01 am #46999
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

It can take up to 24 hours for the security badge to update (as noted in the documentation here: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Security Badge).

The best way to tell what’s not working correctly is the click the badge at the top right of this panel, and see what your site is supporting. You can then figure out what your site needs to work properly.

If your security badge is still not working in 24 hours, and you’re sure everything’s set up correctly (and you’ve flushed your site’s caches), let us know.

Posted: Wednesday Apr 10th, 2013 at 6:40 am #47054
CC SHambres
Username: Chevaune

the security badge is still not up (has not been up for 6 days)

Posted: Wednesday Apr 10th, 2013 at 8:26 am #47070

Same thing’s happening to me. I haven’t made any changes to my websites and yet the badge stopped working. It’s set to “Not Verified” in my Dashboard, and it doesn’t show in any of my pages.

If I click it it shows that NONE of the requirements are met, yet Logging is disabled (and I deleted existing logs), the Security Encription Key is generated, Login Protetion and Restriction Options are configured, etc. I mean, these are all the same as before because I haven’t changed them (and Safeguard s2Member Data/Options is set to YES), only that the badge seems to not be seing them anymore.

Testing http://www.dejarladieta.com/?s2member_s_badge_status=1 gives 0 (same thing for my other s2Member enabled website).

I guess this happened since the upgrade, although I just realised yesterday about the issue.

Thoughts?

Posted: Wednesday Apr 10th, 2013 at 6:59 pm #47129
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for the information.

I’ll have our development team look into this. I’m unable to recreate this issue, but perhaps we can figure out what’s causing it.

@CC SHambres

would you mind providing a Dashboard Login so we can take a look at your site’s setup? It could provide some insight. :-)

See: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.