latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Security Badge redirect to S2- theme conflict

Home Forums Community Forum Security Badge redirect to S2- theme conflict

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Joe Auriemma 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Feb 11th, 2013 at 11:20 pm #41506
Joe Auriemma
Username: vpjoe

Hi guys!

I am implementing my S2 Security Badge. It has been verified. In WP-Admin, inside S2’s settings, when I click on the example badge, it opens the window showing all the security protocols being met.

When I load the badge into the WP Footer, using the S2 option to do so, it works fine.

When I place the shortcode in a widget, post or page, it instead redirects to the S2 home Page.

Therefore, I am guessing I have a conflict with my theme.

Any ideas? I’d like your input before I email the theme’s creator.

Or is it not the theme and you have a better suggestion?

http://www.incrediblefitnessonline.com (in the theme’s footer)

Thanks!

Joe

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Feb 11th, 2013 at 11:36 pm #41509
Staff Member

Thanks for reporting this important issue.

I think contacting the theme developer would be a good idea. It sounds to me like your theme is applying content filters to the output generated by the Shortcode (which is never good). Some themes expose special tags you can wrap around Shortcodes to overcome this limitation. Generally speaking though, it’s not a good idea for a theme to manipulate content generated by WordPress® Shortcodes; because plugin developers expect that Shortcodes will output raw HTML — they won’t expect any special handling in this case.

Posted: Tuesday Feb 12th, 2013 at 12:49 pm #41576
Joe Auriemma

Thanks for the incredibly fast reply time last night Jason!

Theme developer said no, not a design problem on his part and to test all plugins.

“Google Analytics For WordPress” plugin was the culprit. Turned it off and badge worked fine.

I’ll go research a hardwire way to code Analytics in, rather than use a plugin, unless you know of a better plugin.

Take care,

Joe

Posted: Friday Feb 15th, 2013 at 1:13 am #41774
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up :-)

Great! Glad to hear you resolved this.

If you have Google Analytics code, you can pop that into the box in this section so it is loaded up on each page view in the footer section of your site. See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Security Badge

Posted: Friday Feb 15th, 2013 at 1:29 am #41778
Joe Auriemma

Sweet.

Done.

Works.

LOL. I had found another plugin called “Insert Headers and Footers” and placed my Analytics code in there. Worked fine but I do my utmost to use the least amount of plugins that I can. Too many horrific events due to plugins in my past.

That is gone now and your plan is in place. Viewed source code and it’s in there.

Thank you!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.