latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Security Badge Will Not Verify

Home Forums Community Forum Security Badge Will Not Verify

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  john brand 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Feb 22nd, 2012 at 2:52 pm #5997

New install of s2Member is awesome so far. But having difficulty getting the security badge verified. Have the long 60-character code in place, everything appears to be in order, but still won’t verify.

I’ve checked the forums and noticed multiple references to working with the wp-config.php files. Seriously? I’m a blogger not a code jockey. Hate to profess ignorance, but have no idea what to do with that. Step-by-step instructions, please. Thanks!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Feb 22nd, 2012 at 6:57 pm #6020
Kim Murray
Username: Kimdion

Hi,

when I tried my security badge it would not verify until I requested that long key in place.

So I generated the key
saved setting
then hit the security badge and was off and running.

I was even able to put the badge on the footer from s2Member.

will NOT “verify” your site if you turn off Unique IP Restrictions
I don’t see any way to turn this off .. mine is set for 5

Bruce for protection is also set these are in the restriction area of s2member..
mine is set to 5 failed attempts ..

my disclaimer I am not an expert at s2member .. just trying to help and I hope the blind
is not leading the blind..

but if I was you I would check these two then try to verify again .. and if all fails
call my hosting server and see if they could help me with my security keys withing my
blog

If you use host gator for you server they may be able to help you with the config security key
issues .. some times when people install wordpress with that one easy click they do not
get the security they need. I do know in your wordpress config there is a security that is
pretty generic and it is recommended to generate a more secure key.

hope this helps ..

Kim

Maybe you can help me .. do you know how to get your awaber form to register your
members signing up for free on your sales …

Posted: Wednesday Feb 22nd, 2012 at 8:16 pm #6025

Hello Kim,

Thank you for your input! I will have to try it again and see what happens.

For Aweber integration, I went to the s2Member menu in WordPress and then selected API/List Servers to set up Aweber. Check it out.

Good luck!

Heidi

Posted: Wednesday Feb 22nd, 2012 at 10:00 pm #6028
Kim Murray
Username: Kimdion

Hi thank you …

i searched around and found my answer .. I have to upgrade in order to use my
aweber from with s2Member on my squeeze. Did not want to have to ask
the person to sign up twice ..

…… however, we all have to build list in order to build a business and
gain credibility in the eyes of our customers.

Hope you get your security badge working ..

Kim

Posted: Thursday Mar 8th, 2012 at 7:55 pm #7671

Hello,

I’m having the same problem. I’ve followed all of the instructions and my security badge will not verify? Anyone else with this issue. I’ve tried tinkering with other options but nothing is working. Please help.

John

Posted: Thursday Mar 8th, 2012 at 10:28 pm #7680

I read another forum on this topic. This is the text from my wp-config.php file. Is this correct. If not can you please provide details on how I fix this? Thank you.

* @since 2.6.0
*/
define(‘AUTH_KEY’, ‘put your unique phrase here’);
define(‘SECURE_AUTH_KEY’, ‘put your unique phrase here’);
define(‘LOGGED_IN_KEY’, ‘put your unique phrase here’);
define(‘NONCE_KEY’, ‘put your unique phrase here’);
define(‘AUTH_SALT’, ‘put your unique phrase here’);
define(‘SECURE_AUTH_SALT’, ‘put your unique phrase here’);
define(‘LOGGED_IN_SALT’, ‘put your unique phrase here’);
define(‘NONCE_SALT’, ‘put your unique phrase here’);

/**#@-*/

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.