latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Security Badge Won't Verify

Home Forums Community Forum Security Badge Won't Verify

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Dec 29th, 2013 at 12:07 pm #62230
Faith Deeter
Username: Faith

Hi, my security badge won’t verify.

Enable API key: yes
WP config file – (Went to Godaddy, found the file, and changed to 65 characters as per the wizard generated code)
Username and password are different
Brute Force – enabled and set to 5
Unique IP addresses – enabled and set to 10
Logs set to no and as far as I can tell there are no logs to delete. (They have always been turned off)
When I try http://naturalrelationships.com/?s2member_s_badge_status=1 I get a zero.

The only thing I can’t check is the One way password encryption. Where is the setting for that?

I have been struggling with this for over a year. If anyone could please help me, I would be so grateful. I don’t know what else to try.

Thanks,
Faith

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Dec 29th, 2013 at 4:19 pm #62236
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Faith,

Sorry to hear you’re having problems with this.

The only thing I’m seeing here that you haven’t touched on is the s2Member Security Encryption Key. Is that set?

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Security Encryption Key

If that’s not it, then I would recommend logging into your site’s FTP server, and checking your /wp-content/plugins/s2member-logs/ directory, and ensuring that there is nothing but a .htaccess file in that directory.

Also, be prepared to allow up to 24 hours for s2Member change your Security Badge to green.

If that doesn’t help let me know. :-)

Posted: Sunday Dec 29th, 2013 at 5:21 pm #62241
Faith Deeter

Hi Bruce,
thank you for responding. :-) I do have the encryption key enabled and I will check those logs you mentioned. Thanks so much. I’ll let you know how it works.
Faith

Posted: Sunday Dec 29th, 2013 at 5:35 pm #62242
Faith Deeter

[Parent Directory]
.htaccess 13 B 12/8/2013 3:27:54 pm File
wp-http-api-debug.log 1.54 KB 12/28/2013 8:11:38 am File

There are 2 files in the directory
.htaccess. And wp-http-api-debug.log

Posted: Sunday Dec 29th, 2013 at 5:39 pm #62243
Faith Deeter

Do I delete the debug one?

Posted: Sunday Dec 29th, 2013 at 6:07 pm #62244
Faith Deeter

Thank you SO much! I deleted the other file and now it works!!! Thank you!!!!

Posted: Sunday Dec 29th, 2013 at 6:11 pm #62245
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you SO much! I deleted the other file and now it works!!! Thank you!!!!

Great! Sorry, this is the one thing that seems to get people with the security badge. This directory needs to be completely empty except for that .htaccess file for s2Member to verify your security badge. :-)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.