latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Security issue..

Home Forums Community Forum Security issue..

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Apr 2nd, 2013 at 6:19 am #46360
Rogsahl
Username: rogsahl

Ive got a disturbing mail today from one of my subscribers.
He did a search on his name. And he found his name and all subscribers to my site. Apparently a link directly to all users. This is alarming
I really need to protect my subscribers privacy.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Apr 3rd, 2013 at 3:51 pm #46495
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

He did a search on his name. And he found his name and all subscribers to my site. Apparently a link directly to all users. This is alarming

Where exactly is he searching?

Posted: Thursday Apr 4th, 2013 at 12:31 pm #46622
Rogsahl
Username: rogsahl

He did a serch on Google, sorry i missed to mention this. Hes a regular

Posted: Friday Apr 5th, 2013 at 8:47 am #46690

WordPress profiles aren’t public, and s2Member doesn’t change that. BuddyPress, for example, has a users directory and public profiles. Do you have BuddyPress in your installation?

If that’s not the case, then how exactly does his name show up in Google? Could you send me an example search term for Google and a link to the page that shows up in the results with this user? Let me know when you sent it. s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.