latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Security Key not generating

Home Forums Community Forum Security Key not generating

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Sep 8th, 2012 at 6:10 pm #24668
Justin Junda
Username: jundaj

I bought s2 pro and I installed everything as directed. The key wont auto generate. I have switched back to the standard wordpress theme and no luck. Any thoughts.

Justin

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Sep 8th, 2012 at 7:37 pm #24671
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Justin,

Have you tried deactivating the other plugins besides s2Member? it might be that one of them is causing a conflict with s2Member’s security key generator, and probably other things.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Saturday Sep 8th, 2012 at 9:34 pm #24674
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Justin,

The security key generator is powered by JavaScript, so make sure your browser supports JavaScript, and has JavaScript enabled.

Lemme know if that fixes it.

Posted: Saturday Sep 8th, 2012 at 10:33 pm #24675
Justin Junda
Username: jundaj

I had deactivated every plugin, reinstalled it as well using the delete everything method/option. It was basic twenty twelve with nothing installed “bare bones”. Im using firefox 14.0.1 on a mac which definately is javascript enabled. Your thoughts. Im hope to solve this ASAP.

-Justin

Posted: Monday Sep 10th, 2012 at 7:42 am #24734

If it doesn’t work, then it’s almost certainly a JavaScript problem. I’ve only seen three things cause a JS problem with s2Member:

– The theme.
– Another plugin.
– Using index.html to bypass index.php.

Does everything else in your admin pages work? Like the button generators, or the collapsable panels?

By the way, you don’t need the key generator, you can create the key any other way and then paste it there, too. Make it at least 60 chars long.

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.