latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

sell access without memberships

Home Forums Community Forum sell access without memberships

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  halifaxious 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Sep 26th, 2012 at 10:17 am #26571

hi there

i want to set up a site where in addition to recurring monthly supscriptions i want to sell access to individual products for 3 weeks from date of purchase to only the free members while paying members get that same content free.

the problem i can see hapenning is that these products are not part of the membership. and s2 member will not activate until i assign a membership options page. and once that page is configured if a user does not have access to a certain area they are redirected to the membership options page. but like i said the individual products are not part of the membership package so will not be listed on the memberships options page

any idea how i can do this?

regards

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Sep 26th, 2012 at 12:08 pm #26583
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

There is no “Easy” way to do this.

My suggestion would be to work it like this:

Sell Custom Capabilities for each “product.”

Update your product pages to check if the user is a member at X level OR has the CC that was purchased.

Then update your membership options page to list both memberships and individual trial access to the products with CC buttons.

The biggest issue is that CC’s are lifetime access. So you would need to hook into the payment processing, store the time when it is purchased in a user meta field, then check that field when the user attempts to access it to see if it has been more than 3 weeks since the time that is stored as the purchase date.

Simple right? lol

The easiest thing would be to sell access to specifict posts / pages. However, that doesn’t play well with pages that are already protected via a membership level per the S2member documentation.

I think this can be done but it’s going to take some work and some technical know-how.

Dave

Posted: Wednesday Sep 26th, 2012 at 12:12 pm #26584
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

Another thing you could do…

Create different membership forms / buttons, some that are full memberships and some that are 3 weeks.

Then add Custom Capability codes to your product pages based on the package they are part of. (package_1, package_2, etc.)

Add all the CC codes to the forms for regular memberships, and then just one CC code for each of the 3 week memberships or however you plan to sell them.

That’s probably the easiest way to do it… you just have to update all your pages with different CC based on the product they are attached to.

I always think of the hard way first… lol

Dave

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by  David Welch.
Posted: Wednesday Sep 26th, 2012 at 1:03 pm #26599

I think I’d just duplicate the posts/pages that are affected. So for any protected post/page that you want to offer for login-less paid access, make a copy and then put it’s id in s2Member->Restriction Options->Specific Post/Page IDs Being Sold On Your Site.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by  halifaxious. Reason: removed an inaccuracy
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.