latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Selling Access to Multiple Products

Home Forums Community Forum Selling Access to Multiple Products

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Sep 7th, 2012 at 12:44 pm #24539

OK, I want to make sure I am thinking this through correctly. Here’s what I want to do:

I want to have a site that has a Level 0 access for trial content and then Level 1 access for paid content. But I have several different products and all Level 1 users should not get access to all the Level 1 products, just the specific ones they paid for.

I can’t do Specific Page/Post Access because they will need long term access to multiple pages, not just a download page.

Is this what the MultiSite functionality would do for me? So, I would have mymainsite.com and product1.mymainsite.com, product2.mymainsite.com, etc. And s2member would be able to give Level 0 and Level 1 access to customers depending upon what product they bought? Would this mean they would have different logins for each of the products?

Hope this makes sense.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  Eduan. Reason: Moved to the pre-sale questions forum

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Sep 7th, 2012 at 2:29 pm #24554

I’m beginning to think that this is a function of Custom Capabilities in the Pro version. Is there somewhere I can learn more about what can be done with Custom Capabilities?

Posted: Friday Sep 7th, 2012 at 3:16 pm #24558

OK, I have answered my own question and will put the answer here to close this loop.

Video about Custom Capabilities is here:
http://www.s2member.com/videos/A2C07377CF60025E/

And, yes, it does appear that with s2Member Pro I can accomplish what I want.

Finally, I have to say HOLY COW, s2member is simply amazing. Seriously, a great plugin.

Posted: Friday Sep 7th, 2012 at 5:01 pm #24568
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Kim,

Sorry for no answer, yes this does look like something for custom capabilities. Just know that this is also available in the free version, not necessarily in the pro version. ;)

Posted: Saturday Sep 8th, 2012 at 6:03 am #24603

Finally, I have to say HOLY COW, s2member is simply amazing. Seriously, a great plugin.

Thanks for the kudos, Kim! :)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.