latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

selling multiple ccaps

Home Forums Community Forum selling multiple ccaps

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Jun 9th, 2013 at 11:59 pm #51707

Hey guys, okay, so I’ve learned a lot from this plugin and I must say that at first it was overwhelming…but now I love it more than anything, its so powerful and well documented…this is something I can’t find…and I have a feeling I can’t find it because its not possible…

So I’ve managed to successfully integrate a “custom cart” framework that uses HTML5 cookie storage (i think thats what its called) and also jQuery. I purchased the cart framework from codecanyon…if anyone is interested in knowing which cart it is I purchased (and with Jason / Staff permission) – I would post a link here. It is perfect for s2member as its very simple to use. I figured it out in a few days, only couple hours each day…

I am basically utilizing only the ccaps for s2member and the ccaps are course numbers that my client is going to be selling. Naturally no two course numbers can be the same…and there are no levels, content dripping or EOT to worry about here…

My questions pertains to the Paypal Pro form and whether this is a paypal limitation or an s2member limitation. In the s2member documentation located in the ccaps forms generator area on my wordpress installation, it allows you to add multiple ccaps to the form, which is great. However, my ccaps all have their own descriptions and titles…you know…the course title and quick description of the course.

This client deals with the State of Michigan and I’m not sure if this will be an issue, but I want to be able to do “line item” on the paypal invoice that is generated for the end-user….right now the descriptions are limited to 100 words (or maybe characters?) – is there anyway to have multiple descriptions?

If this is an s2member hack…I’m not asking you to spell it out for me…just need to know how difficult you think it would be and if I can do it while still maintaining upgrade abilities without breaking s2member when new releases come out…

Maybe I’m thinking of this backwards and I need think more about the cart/e-commerce/paypal and pass only the ccaps values back to s2member as explained in the custom section of the documentation?

I appreciate your help, and please don’t just tell me its not within support…throw me a little tiny bone here…and I will figure out the rest :)

Thanks guys!

PS – I worked for the Totem Inn in Healy, AK a few years back and ended up staying for about 8 months…I wish I would have never left, I miss Alaska so much.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jun 11th, 2013 at 5:03 am #51747
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

I don’t believe there is any way to have PayPal do long descriptions. This is because s2Member is checking out as one product. If you look at the details for a regular PayPal shopping cart checkout (here), PayPal checks out multiple items at once and that is why you can have multiple descriptions. However, s2Member doesn’t support this type of checkout.

I would say the easiest way to get what you’re hoping to accomplish would be to set a Custom Registration/Profile Field or Custom Value in your Pro Form that contains your description, so you can send your emails and update things on your side with this information. The Customer will have to be given a standard description, though.

See: Video » s2Member (Custom Fields Dynamically?)

Sorry about the inconvenience.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.