latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Send Current password instead of reset

Home Forums Community Forum Send Current password instead of reset

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Dec 3rd, 2012 at 1:50 pm #33331
Aaron Plaat
Username: gnofee

Is there a way to send a user their current password, rather than a new password, when they click “forgot password”?

Also, I’d like to add to my registration field the option to require a user to type in their old password in order to change their password.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Dec 3rd, 2012 at 2:02 pm #33338
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Aaron,

I’m afraid that for both of these customizations you will need to modify WordPress, not s2Member. :/

Also, I’d like to add to my registration field the option to require a user to type in their old password in order to change their password.

This I am not sure, since I don’t understand what you mean. Could you please clarify what you mean, and where this field would be? Thanks.

– Eduan

Posted: Tuesday Dec 4th, 2012 at 3:14 pm #33464
Aaron Plaat
Username: gnofee

s2member has the option for members to edit their profiles on the “Edit profile” page, including changing their password. I’d like my users to have to type in their old password first before they are able to change, as verification they are the owner of the account.

Posted: Tuesday Dec 4th, 2012 at 7:31 pm #33500
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Aaron,

s2member has the option for members to edit their profiles on the “Edit profile” page, including changing their password. I’d like my users to have to type in their old password first before they are able to change, as verification they are the owner of the account.

To do this you’d need to modify the file s2member/includes/classes/profile-mods-in.inc.php, as well as s2member/includes/classes/profile-in.inc.php. s2Member does not have this feature built-in.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.