latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Sending Buddypress xProfile Data to Mailchimp

Home Forums Community Forum Sending Buddypress xProfile Data to Mailchimp

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Apr 28th, 2013 at 3:26 pm #48629
Kris Darty
Username: krisdarty

Hi I Have Multisite with buddypress that is running S2 Member on the front end site.

I am having people join as a free member through a facebook autoregister plugin

That sends all the data it collects during the auto registration to buddypress as well as teh basic info to S2 Memeber

They are assigned the role of a free member in S2 when they register then they have the option to upgrade to a paid membership through a Authorize.net Pro form which moves their membership to the second level/role in S2

(You probably don’t need all that info to answer my question but I know some of you may give me a hard time if I don’t give the details lol)

Ok so I’m having members added to a mailchimp list through the mail server optins in S2 but it will only send the basic info (name and email) Now I know there is a hack to add custom S2 Fields but there is no way of getting my buddypress profile feilds into S2 that are created when someone joins as a free member.

So my Question is How can I call Buddypress x profile fields into the hack that sends extra info to mailchimp instead of the custom fields you can create in S2 Member ?

I’ve read all the threads I could find about the mailchimp hack but they are all merging S2 fields and not Buddypress Fields

If someone could answer with actual code that would accomplish this I would LOVE YOU FOREVER : )

So to be redundant basically I want to send a buddypress profile feild that I create like “Birthday” to a mailchimp merge field like “Birthday” when someone creates a free account and is assigned the role in S2 member that corresponds with free accounts and I want that data to stick with that member as long as they have an account at my site.

Thanks in advance for your help and insight….

Look forward to hearing from you

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Apr 30th, 2013 at 1:53 am #48764
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Now I know there is a hack to add custom S2 Fields but there is no way of getting my buddypress profile feilds into S2 that are created when someone joins as a free member.

So my Question is How can I call Buddypress x profile fields into the hack that sends extra info to mailchimp instead of the custom fields you can create in S2 Member ?

The answer to your issues here is to use s2Member for creating these profile fields. If you’ll check in your settings here, s2Member allows you to integrate your Custom Registration/Profile fields right into BuddyPress, but BuddyPress won’t allow you to do the same back to s2Member.

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields

That’s the only way that it’s currently possible to get what you want.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.