latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Separate Registration Forms

Home Forums Community Forum Separate Registration Forms

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Mar 9th, 2012 at 5:25 pm #7796

My client would like to create a separate registration form for each membership level (he doesn’t want members to select a level). Is this possible? What’s the best way to do it?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Mar 9th, 2012 at 6:12 pm #7809

Hi Nola.

It is possible with the pro-forms.
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms[/hilite]

Are these levels being sold or you’re just letting people register free? There’s the free registration pro-form, which you can use to register users at any level.
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Free Registration Forms[/hilite]

If you’re selling, you’d use one of the other pro-forms for the right level, but they’ll require PayPal Pro to work best, although you can do with just Express Checkout but it’ll require all users to have a PayPal account.
Pre Sale FAQs » To use s2Member® Pro Forms, will I have to use PayPal® Pro?

You could sell with the PayPal button the level and use the free pro-form for the registration: Sell access to a specific page and in it use the free registration pro-form.
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Specific Post/Page (Buy Now) Buttons[/hilite]
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLED64B278374AB72F&feature=plcp

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Saturday Mar 10th, 2012 at 10:11 am #7831

All of the levels are free, but by invitation only. So, he doesn’t want them to be able to choose another level, because they might not qualify for that level. Could we still do it?

Posted: Saturday Mar 10th, 2012 at 11:01 am #7832
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Nola, thanks for the follow-up.

Yes this is certainly possible.

If you look under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Specific Post/Page Access Restrictions you will see that you can protect specific pages. Now, you can also not sell the special links that allow access to these protected pages, and instead give it to the person that you want to give the level to, through a special link which will nullify the restriction to that page, only for that user.

There will be a different page for each level, each will be protected by the specific post/page access restrictions. When you want to invite someone to be a member, you simply give them a special link which you will generate under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Specific Post/Page Access Links. Remember that each of these pages will need to have a pro-form for the level you want to give on that page.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Mar 15th, 2012 at 1:48 pm #8271

A couple of questions (I wish the forums were searchable…if they are, I can’t find where):

(1) Using the method you described above, will members be automatic, or will they have to be approved by an admin? (my client wants to “approve” members)

(2) Is there a way to turn off the sign up confirmation email? On my client’s sites, he says this will just be a waste.

Thanks!

Posted: Thursday Mar 15th, 2012 at 2:01 pm #8272

One more question…can notification of new registrations be turned off?

Posted: Thursday Mar 15th, 2012 at 2:18 pm #8275
Eduan

Hello Nola, thanks for the follow-up.

A couple of questions (I wish the forums were searchable…if they are, I can’t find where):

There is a little blank bar almost at the top-right side of the website, you type whatever you’re looking for there and you hit enter to search.

(1) Using the method you described above, will members be automatic, or will they have to be approved by an admin? (my client wants to “approve” members)

They would be completely manual, unless configured otherwise. You see, the pages are protected, and only if your client gives them the link would they be able to access the page with the pro-form in it. So you would protect page for level 1 registration with specific post/page access restrictions, once protected you will put a pro-form there for the user to register at level 1. And whenever your client wants a new member level 1 he can simply generate the link for the specific post/page access restrictions.

(2) Is there a way to turn off the sign up confirmation email? On my client’s sites, he says this will just be a waste.

I believe this is not possible, and if it were, it would be a WordPress thing entirely, since the confirmation email is entirely sent by WordPress. :/

One more question…can notification of new registrations be turned off?

See my answer above…

I hope this helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Mar 15th, 2012 at 3:08 pm #8278

This may be a solution, as long as it does not conflict:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/new-user-approve/

do you agree?

I’ve installed it and it seems to work with S2 Member.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  Nola Cooper.
Posted: Thursday Mar 15th, 2012 at 4:22 pm #8283
Eduan

Thanks for the follow-up.

Yes that may be a working solution. As long as it’s well made it shouldn’t conflict with s2Member, if you find any problems please tell us.

I’m glad you were able to solve your problem. :)

Posted: Thursday Mar 15th, 2012 at 10:10 pm #8311

Nola, now that you gave some more info on how you want to do it, here’s what I suggest:

Have everyone register with the same form, which’d give them Level 0, and then your client reviews each new user and upgrades their profiles with the access he wants to give them.

This would work as an approval process and also give him control over the access they get. The content should all be protected above Level 0 so they can’t see it when they first register.

The confirmation email is sent to those that paid, but the New User email is sent to all new registrations. The latter can be edited from [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Email Configuration[/hilite].

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Friday Mar 16th, 2012 at 9:31 am #8358

None of the levels are paid levels. But I think we solved it to his satisfaction. Thanks for all of your help! You guys are great! MOST ESPECIALLY in comparison to other Membership plugins!

Posted: Friday Mar 16th, 2012 at 11:13 am #8360
Eduan

Excellent Nola!

Thanks for the kudos, and I’m glad we were able to help. :)

Posted: Friday Mar 16th, 2012 at 3:48 pm #8404

:)

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.