latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Server-side registration validation

Home Forums Community Forum Server-side registration validation

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday May 18th, 2013 at 10:02 am #50166
Mark
Username: markeshark

Hello, I’ve read through a lot of posts on this forum about stopping human user registration spam, the most relevant of which to my problem is this thread here, where Jason supplied code to integrate the Stop Spammer Registration plugin.

I’ve implemented this code and I’m testing it now, but I noticed in another thread Jason mentioned that he was looking at building in a more robust hook to check registrations on the SERVER side (many spammers don’t use Javascript so that is useless). Also the ReCaptcha is irrelevant to human and newer bot registrations.

For normal wordpress registrations I can simply use the ‘registration_errors‘ filter to write my own custom registration validations, however since I use the PRO forms for ALL free registrations (and I have open registration off, forcing users to my s2member PRO forms) I unfortunately cannot use ‘registration_errors‘.

If this is no longer being worked on I’d like to put in a request for this feature: to be able to write my own custom server-side registration validations, just as I can do in WordPress with the registration_errors filter.

Thank you,

Mark

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday May 21st, 2013 at 5:07 am #50273
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your thoughts.

I will put this on our features request list. I’m sorry to hear that you’re having problems with this. I might suggest also filtering email addresses that you might see are being used to create these accounts. There’s an option for this here:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.