latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Service Temporarily Unavailable

Home Forums Community Forum Service Temporarily Unavailable

This topic contains 21 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  David Rowley 3 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Sep 14th, 2013 at 9:25 am #59569
lisa carr
Username: pageadmin

Hi

i am having issues with people signing up, going through paypal, then filling out the membership user info and when they click to submit, getting this error:

Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

i ran the s2-server-scanner file and it said it was fine …. no errors. THis has been happening for several people – and i just tested it out and got the same result.

i was thinking it was a fluke the 1st time – but 3 or 4 times…no fluke!

the error happens on this page: myURL/wp-login.php?action=register

any help is very much appreciated!

thanks
Lisa

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Sep 18th, 2013 at 2:47 pm #59670
David Rowley
Username: davro

Hi

Some of may members are having the same problem, they can access the main site but when they try to login to the members area they get the same error

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Like Lisa I would appreciate any advice

Thanks

David

Posted: Thursday Sep 26th, 2013 at 5:16 pm #59930

I’m having the same trouble. Some other threads state that the following should be added to the .htaccess file:

<IfModule mod_security.c>
SecFilterEngine Off
SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

I’ve done that and it’s not made any difference at all. The site is hosted with 1and1.com

If anyone has any advice, I would sure welcome it! Thank you.

Posted: Friday Sep 27th, 2013 at 8:54 am #59944
lisa carr

my site is also hosted at 1and1.com … David, is your site hosted at 1and1.com?

Posted: Friday Sep 27th, 2013 at 9:03 am #59947
David Rowley

Yes mine is with 1and1.com. I will post a ticket with 1&1 and see what they come back with

Posted: Friday Sep 27th, 2013 at 9:09 am #59948
lisa carr

huh…. interesting. thanks – if i get a chance later today i’ll call and let you know.

Posted: Friday Sep 27th, 2013 at 9:12 am #59949
David Rowley

Thanks Lisa, will let you know when I hear anything

Posted: Friday Sep 27th, 2013 at 1:29 pm #59960

We’ve decided to move our hosting to Media Temple, as recommended by S2Member. 1and1 just didn’t seem like they were able to help. Granted, I’ve not put LOTS of time corresponding with 1and1’s support, because I don’t have faith that they can get it resolved. Good luck and please keep us posted if you get results. Thank you!!

Posted: Monday Sep 30th, 2013 at 12:55 pm #60004
lisa carr

Media Temple hosting looks nice – definitely more expensive than 1and1 …. Jane – let us know if the issue clears up with moving the site.

i – unfortunately – have approx 60 sites and moving to another company sounds like a huge undertaking.
I was on tech support – and along with having a hard time understanding the guy, got some canned responses. They asked me to provide screenshots …which i did so i am waiting for a response. Obviously this is a server issue –
David… are you on the shared hosting?

did you get any responses via email from them???

Posted: Monday Sep 30th, 2013 at 1:07 pm #60005
lisa carr

just got word from 1and1.com

Thank you for contacting us.

We have tried to install s2members plugin in our wordpress test website and it works fine. We did not receive any error message after a member login to the member area. Please be informed that wordpress is a third party application which is beyond our scope of support. You may contact wordpress support or visit their forum website for more information about the error.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Posted: Monday Sep 30th, 2013 at 1:38 pm #60006

We’ve switched over the weekend to Media Temple and all of our problems have been solved. No more 503 errors! I’m very happy with the hosting.

Posted: Monday Sep 30th, 2013 at 1:52 pm #60007
lisa carr

Jane or David

have you also received the emails from paypal when a new user pays for access BUT not gotten the email from Worpress with a new user being added to the S2 member users???

Posted: Monday Sep 30th, 2013 at 2:11 pm #60008

We had that situation when the payment was held by PayPal. But when PayPal approved it, the email to the member went through and he was able to regsiter.

Posted: Monday Sep 30th, 2013 at 2:13 pm #60009
lisa carr

we are getting the paypal emails….. just no email from WP that a new user has registered. You were also getting the WP emails??

Posted: Monday Sep 30th, 2013 at 2:37 pm #60011

Yes, we’ve been getting the new user emails.

Posted: Monday Sep 30th, 2013 at 2:39 pm #60013

You’ve made the proper settings under General Options, Email Configuration, Administrative: New User Notification

?

Posted: Monday Sep 30th, 2013 at 3:25 pm #60016
lisa carr

yes! email settings are configured for new users….

i thought that maybe the server error was affecting that – but if you were getting both emails during the server error era with 1and1 (;-) then maybe it’s something else.

argh – this is really frustrating.

Posted: Monday Sep 30th, 2013 at 3:37 pm #60017

Are you getting other emails through WordPress? One way to test might be to use the Lost Password function to submit your username and see if you get the email. That will at least tell if the problem is with WordPress (1and1) or a setting in S2Member.

Posted: Monday Sep 30th, 2013 at 3:59 pm #60018
lisa carr

i am getting password reset emails.

my client was getting the paypal emails and not the WP emails with the user registration – and she was just creating new users manually – so i didn’t know about some of this that was happening for a while.

Posted: Tuesday Oct 1st, 2013 at 4:48 am #60046
David Rowley

Hi Lisa and Jane

Sorry I was away. I had the following reply from S2 yesterday, see below. I have already tried Unique IP Access and their other suggestion is adding SecFilterEngine Off SecFilterScanPOST Off which Jane has already mentioned. Looks like it is a conflict with S2 and 1and1, not sure I want to move hosts again having just done it!:(

Lisa, PayPal I have only had one occasion recently where payment was received but no S2 notification, this is something that happened a lot when I was using Wish List Member. Seemed it was to do with a delay in the payment gate which stopped transfer back to the site for registration, or at least that’s what I was told by WLM

Cheers

David

Hi David,

It sounds like they might be getting locked out because of Unique IP Access Restrictions (see Dashboard → s2Member → Restriction Options → Unique IP Access Restrictions). If that’s not the problem, then it could be an issue with your web hosting service. Please see ModSecurity, Random 503/403 Errors.

Posted: Wednesday Oct 2nd, 2013 at 12:19 pm #60103
lisa carr

thanks for the info David

for some *reason after i called 1and1 2 different times about this…..it is working ok. Members are registering and it is adding the info to the S2 users… we are getting both paypal and WP emails.

i think that 1and1 could have done something ….but only time will tell ;-)

are you still getting the error?

Posted: Thursday Oct 3rd, 2013 at 9:35 am #60127
David Rowley

None of the members have mentioned it over the past few days Lisa so fingers crossed. I’ve had no problems accessing the site but have been finding very slow!?

David

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.