latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Service/Social sites instead of just members?

Home Forums Community Forum Service/Social sites instead of just members?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice. Last updated by  ricarod 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jun 5th, 2012 at 6:48 pm #15579
ricarod
Username: ricarod

Have you noticed the increased on demand for SERVICES sites instead of just MEMBERSHIP sites? I wonder if there’s a tool that can be use to make S2 more ‘social’ than just membership or if this is something that has been written down on S2 road map?

Let me expand by SERVICES sites I noticed people is looking for sites that group or match people and the site is only the middle man in charge of collecting the payment.

By SERVICES sites I’m referring to (just to list few samples) :

a). sites where students can enroll to pay a monthly fee to meet with a teacher, part of the functionality is usually uploading or exchange documents, setup appointments and communicating

b). sites where entrepreneurs can enroll to pay a monthly fee to meet with a consultant, part of the functionality is usually uploading or exchange documents, setup appointments and communicating

That’s just to mentioned two samples of very similar applications sharing common requirements and it just called my attention the increasing demand of such types of SERVICES sites that could easily be mistaken with MEMBERSHIP sites just because you get to the site to pay and meet your counterpart although in functionality goes beyond a typical MEMBERSHIP site.

Any clue? input?

Just sharing and brainstorming here…

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.