latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Set EOT date VS lifetime members

Home Forums Community Forum Set EOT date VS lifetime members

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Yukon Cornelius 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jun 5th, 2013 at 7:38 pm #51434

Hi,

My clients have the following membership set up:

a) They want subscriptions to last until december, regardless of purchase date
b) They also have lifetime members whose memberships they do not wish to expire each december

I read through the forum and another thread over here: http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10100&p=58978#p21726and i am planning on using the EOT date hack mentioned there to make all memberships and modifications expire in december of each year.

My first question is: is the hack still going to work, and is it still necessary, or have i missed a setting that would enable this functionality?

Now regarding the lifetime members. I read in the thread that by using this hack, ALL members would necessarily expire come december (or whenever).

My second question is: Is it really not possible to have two different types of members, and if i set up a member outside of s2member (ie though WordPress admin, and not using any of the member types i created through the s2member panel) will such a member expire too, or will that member be exempt from the expiration?

Many thanks for your help!

PS, in my case, lifetime members do not need any payment gateway. they are just people who paid previously for lifetime membership, and now that member type is no longer offered.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jun 6th, 2013 at 8:55 am #51505
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

My first question is: is the hack still going to work, and is it still necessary, or have i missed a setting that would enable this functionality?

Yes, this hack should still work. s2Member does not have this functionality built-in, so it’s necessary in your case.

My second question is: Is it really not possible to have two different types of members, and if i set up a member outside of s2member (ie though WordPress admin, and not using any of the member types i created through the s2member panel) will such a member expire too, or will that member be exempt from the expiration?

I believe that User would be exempt from this expiration, as this is only being done through frontend and PayPal subscriptions. These are also action hooks, and s2Member is giving you all of the data it has at the current time, so if you wanted to, you could check User levels, etc and set an expiration date based on other factors as well.

See: Knowledge Base » Hacking s2Member® Via Hooks/Filters

Posted: Thursday Jun 6th, 2013 at 11:41 am #51534

Hey, thanks Bruce! That’s good news.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.