latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Setting Up A Membership Scheme

Home Forums Community Forum Setting Up A Membership Scheme

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Jul 8th, 2012 at 1:27 pm #18617
Hamid
Username: zawiyaprojects

Hello Raam and Christian

So sorry for all the recent posts. Just trying to get up and running ASAP.

I’ve been going thru the tuts and I find them very helpful. I’m a bit confused on roles and custom capabilities.

Could you suggest the best method for setting up the following member scheme.

Two types of members: paid and free.

Free members gain access to monthly free content. We currently have 3 videos available to free members with the plan of making a new free video available each month. So by year end we will be offering a total of 8 video for free download. For 2013, 12 videos will be available for free subscribers.

Paid members will have access to 3 videos per month. The problems Im having is if I assign member level 1 to the paid members how do I limit them to the current lessons available and not future releases. For example if I have 10 videos available and I want to give access to only these 10 videos to any paid member that signs up. Two months from now I could have an additional 6 videos available and five month from now, I would have 15 videos. How do I offer paid membership what would give a new user access to all the files now available while limiting they older users to the files they were granted access to at the time of their registration.

How would you set up this type of membership scheme?

Thanks so much.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jul 9th, 2012 at 5:34 am #18656

Hi Hamid.

What I’d do is protect the paid videos with custom capabilities (ccaps), one for each. Then each time you have a new video, add that ccap to the order button. When they order they’ll get the ccaps you put in the button, new videos protected with new ccaps they didn’t get, will be out of their reach. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Custom Capability and Member Level Files[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.