latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Share Levels & Members across sites

Home Forums Community Forum Share Levels & Members across sites

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Mar 24th, 2012 at 1:06 pm #9011

Here’s what I’m trying to do:

example.com is my main site with public content but also has some protected content

support.example.com is a members-only site

I prefer to keep registration and payments on support.example.com, but I don’t want to have users register or login again on my main site example.com to access the protected content.

I experimented with multisite, but I realized that each site has separate settings and members so s2members aren’t being shared / synced across both sites. Is there a way to do this?

I only need 2 sites, so multisite isn’t a requirement – would it be better or easier to achieve this by syncing database tables for 2 separate installs?

Appreciate any ideas or tips on how I can do this, thanks!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Mar 25th, 2012 at 4:50 am #9030

Hi David.

Yeah, I see your problem…

I know that some people managed to use a single userbase across blogs in a multisite network. You may want to research that. It’s probably simpler than having to separate installations of WP and try to sync them, don’t know.

Sorry I couldn’t be more help.

Also, if you’re asking this in the presale Qs forum because you thought of using multisite, you don’t need to worry about a license for it if you’re not using s2Member Pro. :)

Posted: Sunday Mar 25th, 2012 at 5:36 am #9034

Hi Cristian, thanks for responding even on a Sunday ;)

Ok I will investigate having a single user base across multisite, but what about s2Member settings and levels? Is there an easy way (plugin) to do that or will I need some custom code? If I need custom code, do you know anyone I can speak to for write it for me?

Thanks!

Posted: Sunday Mar 25th, 2012 at 5:40 am #9036

No problem. :)

Well, if you’re sharing the user and usermeta table, that’ll include their s2Member info as well. Just activate s2Member in both blogs and take it from there. I’m not sure if it’ll need much tweaking or not, haven’t tried it, really.

If you need a coder, you could try places like eLance.com, oDesk.com or jobs.wordpress.net.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.