latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Shipping and integration with Stamps.com

Home Forums Community Forum Shipping and integration with Stamps.com

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday May 7th, 2013 at 11:01 pm #49449
Young Kwon
Username: youngkg7

Hi,

I have seen a forum post on shipping physical goods but it was not detailed enough.

I am planning to build a website that sells memberships and physical goods.

I was wondering how exactly would i be able to sell physical goods and how i can
organize members and shipping orders separately? Would i be able to import all the orders to stamps.com?

I believe stamps.com uses csv files for importing orders to print shipping labels.

If not, is there some kind of api integration i can do to import orders?

Lastly, how did you guys get the black top bar on this website for logging in?

Thank You

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday May 8th, 2013 at 11:57 pm #49529
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

I was wondering how exactly would i be able to sell physical goods and how i can
organize members and shipping orders separately? Would i be able to import all the orders to stamps.com?

s2Member does not have any direct integrations with shipping services. The best way to integrate a service with s2Member would be to use s2Member’s API Notifications and send the necessary information to the service after Payment is completed.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Notifications -› Payment Notifications

Posted: Wednesday May 8th, 2013 at 11:58 pm #49530
Bruce
Staff Member

Lastly, how did you guys get the black top bar on this website for logging in?

I believe that was part of the theme. We use inFocus from ThemeForest.

See: http://themeforest.net/item/infocus-powerful-professional-wordpress-theme/85486

Posted: Thursday May 9th, 2013 at 5:50 pm #49611
Young Kwon

how would i sell the physical goods charging shipping without a need to sign up for an account?

How would i make this in the backend?

Posted: Thursday May 9th, 2013 at 5:55 pm #49612
Bruce
Staff Member

how would i sell the physical goods charging shipping without a need to sign up for an account?

How would i make this in the backend?

The only transaction that s2Member allows to be done without having an account is a Specific Post/Page Access transaction.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Specific Post/Page (Buy Now) Forms

You can set up an API Notification for this kind of transaction and send shipping information to your payment processor.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Notifications -› Specific Post/Page Sale Notifications

I’m not familiar with the Stamps API so I’m not sure what exactly is needed for the integration, but that’s the general process.

Posted: Saturday May 11th, 2013 at 3:05 pm #49754
Young Kwon

1) how can i add a separate shipping charge? (per item shipping rate)

2) How can a customer add more quantity?

3) how do i edit the forms to add a shipping address also?

Thank you!

Posted: Monday May 13th, 2013 at 3:51 pm #49852
Bruce
Staff Member

1) how can i add a separate shipping charge? (per item shipping rate)

2) How can a customer add more quantity?

3) how do i edit the forms to add a shipping address also?

As I mentioned earlier s2Member is meant for eCommerce transactions, and doesn’t have all of this built-in. Whatever system you put into place will have to address the shipping charges. To get a shipping field started, the first thing you’ll want to take a look at is the no-shipping (ns) attribute for Pro Forms.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained)

Posted: Monday May 13th, 2013 at 9:07 pm #49897
Young Kwon

Thank you for the replies.

I greatly appreciate it.

I was wondering if you guys were ever planning to update the s2 member for eCommerce transactions like
the features i asked about.

Posted: Thursday May 16th, 2013 at 1:46 am #50046
Bruce
Staff Member

I was wondering if you guys were ever planning to update the s2 member for eCommerce transactions like
the features i asked about.

We are not planning on adding any direct integration with shipping companies, if that’s what you’re asking. We may make the setup of adding this capability easier in the future, however.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.