latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Shopping cart problems

Home Forums Community Forum Shopping cart problems

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Oct 12th, 2012 at 1:36 pm #28258

I have a couple of problems with the S2 cart.
1.) As an admin user, I want to be able to put orders through for other users. When I am logged in and go to the shopping cart to complete a transaction, my information is auto populated and read-only.

2.) When I am logged out and try to put an order through for an existing user, it gives me an error that the user already exists.

Between these two things, I am completely unable to put orders through for existing users without being logged in as that user. What’s the work around?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Oct 13th, 2012 at 1:10 am #28298

Hi Brett.

If you’re logged in to your account, then your account will be the one getting the result of the purchase, but since you’re the admin, no change is applied.

If you’re logged out, then the transaction would go towards a new account, and if you try to register the user with the same user name as the existing one, then you’ll get the existing user error you mentioned.

To upgrade an existing account through a purchase, you need to be logged in to that account. As the admin you can modify his profile from the admin area, but you’d need to handle the payment separately then.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Saturday Oct 13th, 2012 at 11:53 am #28342

OK, so I am correct that that is the functionality present. Your response doesn’t really help me to do anything to get around it. It is a huge issue for me that I cannot enter purchases on different users. I get PDF invoices regularly and need to enter these orders into the system. At this point, I cannot do it so that it goes through PP Pro. Please give me some options here.

Posted: Saturday Oct 13th, 2012 at 5:18 pm #28353

If you’re getting PDF invoices, then you mean the payment was already done and you need to give the user access to the content he paid for? You can do that, editing his profile to change his role, or give him custom capabilities, or enter the user’s PayPal subscr. ID, or enter an EOT time.

If you are trying to do the payment for the user, then you’d need to be logged in to his account.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.