latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Short teasers for my video?

Home Forums Community Forum Short teasers for my video?

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Mar 20th, 2012 at 5:48 am #8592

Hi

We have a site with a video library, that people have to pay to subscribe to watch them. We currently use a theme with built in membership, and the membership settings allows us to set the length of time to play the teaser for etc. before the video stops and asks you to login to watch the rest. Is there something similar for s2member plugin? We are not happy with our existing theme, as the sign in process is confusing people, so looking to move to a different plugin, and love the look of s2members, if it has a video teaser function, then it has everything we need.

Also, how easy would it be to migrate the members, and keep their username and passwords etc? And also their membership levels.

Look forward to your reply :)

Martin

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Mar 21st, 2012 at 5:37 am #8706

Hi Martin.

s2Member doesn’t have a video teaser feature. What theme is that?

What you can do is create a teaser video for each of the full length ones, with the latter protected by s2Member so only users with the right access can watch them.

If your users are already in WordPress, you don’t need ot migrate them to work with s2Member, since s2Member works with WordPress’ user system.

If you need to bring them over from another system, then you’ll be able to use s2Member Pro’s import tool.
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Import/Export -› User/Member Importation[/hilite]

If you have their password unencrypted, you could import it, but in case that isn’t possible, after import you can have them use the lost password tool so they get a new one.
[hilite mono]/wp-login.php?action=lostpassword[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Mar 21st, 2012 at 6:23 am #8714

Hi

Thanks a lot for your reply, very helpful :)

The theme that we are currently using is here:

http://www.premiumpress.com/movietheme/

The main reason we got it was for the video teaser function, pretty cool actually, cannot seem to find anywhere else to get this function. Its just the signup process we are having a problem with, pretty frustrating.

Cheers
Martin

Posted: Wednesday Mar 21st, 2012 at 9:00 pm #8794

Got ya. Too bad the signup process is complicated then, the teaser is a cool feature. :)

Posted: Wednesday Mar 21st, 2012 at 9:08 pm #8795

Ah, just checked it out and I think I saw how it works. It’s not that it clips a part of the video to show as a teaser, it shows the video and after the set time it removes the player using JavaScript, but the file will keep streaming actually. If the person gets the URL to the video, he would be able to download the whole thing. It’s not the safest way to protect content, but better than nothing. s2Member’s file protection will be much safer for you.

I hope that helps! :)

Posted: Thursday Mar 22nd, 2012 at 4:15 am #8810

Hi

Thanks again for your advice. Do you think that javascript would be easy to find out how to do?

You cannot see the embed code in the source, so should be safe enough, and cannot find the video on youtube unless you got the link from my client.

My client also uses s2member on another site and he loves it :) just to let u know. Hence trying to implement it on this site.

Cheers martin

Posted: Thursday Mar 22nd, 2012 at 5:16 am #8813

Should not be hard to do. I don’t personally know how to code JavaScript, but I know this shouldn’t be hard.

I’m glad you like s2Member! Thanks for using it, and we’re glad to have you as a user. :)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.