latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Show user location on a map

Home Forums Community Forum Show user location on a map

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Nov 1st, 2012 at 1:40 pm #30341

I have created some registration forms that utilize custom fields. The fields are “zip code” “Country” etc. Is there a plugin that will let me show a users location on a map? I am using Buddypress as well and it seems that there are some plugins that will let me map from a Buddypress field, but s2member pretty much overrides the Buddypress regisration form/fields with there own. Does anyone know a way to still map my users and have other users utilize a search via “zip code “Country” etc?

It seems that most plugins will let me achieve putting users on a map if a Buddypress “Location” field is added and filled out by the user upon registration. How do I get this field to populate on registration if s2member has integrated or overshadowed the fields created in Buddypress profile fields?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Nov 2nd, 2012 at 4:39 am #30404

Hi Victor.

s2Member’s profile fields can be integrated into BuddyPress. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields -> BuddyPress[/hilite]

The integration only goes s2Member to BuddyPress, but not BuddyPress to s2Member. So the BuddyPress fields won’t show in the s2Member forms.

s2Member doesn’t remove the BP fields. If you use the BuddyPress registration form, the BP fields will be there.

Does that help?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.