latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Show users profile

Home Forums Community Forum Show users profile

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Mar 12th, 2013 at 3:07 pm #44417

Hi,

I have a few questions about s2member.

1) With WP Users it is possible to see some information of a member. At this moment members of my website can change their profile in s2member. Those changes are not made in wordpress. Is there any way (maybe a plugin like WP users) to show the profiles of the members created by s2member?

2) I am a user of the pro forms. Are the pro forms compatible with buddypress?

3) Is het possible to create a link to a s2member profile? For example. I use an event manager and I would like to show some member information to every visitor of an certain event.

Looking forward to your reply.

Kind regards,
Marco Verhagen

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Mar 14th, 2013 at 7:20 am #44589

Hi Marco.

1) With WP Users it is possible to see some information of a member. At this moment members of my website can change their profile in s2member. Those changes are not made in wordpress. Is there any way (maybe a plugin like WP users) to show the profiles of the members created by s2member?

By WP Users you mean this? http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/amr-users/

The s2Member custom profile fields are stored in WordPress, but with a different format, so not every user directory knows how to get to it. The AMR one can, though. http://wpusersplugin.com/3086/user-lists-and-filtering-with-s2member-fields/

2) I am a user of the pro forms. Are the pro forms compatible with buddypress?

The pro-forms don’t integrate with BuddyPress profile fields, if that’s what you mean. If you mean if creating a user with a pro-form will make an account in a site that has BuddyPress, then yes. You can use a free registration pro-form in your BuddyPress site and test it. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Free Registration Forms[/hilite]

3) Is het possible to create a link to a s2member profile? For example. I use an event manager and I would like to show some member information to every visitor of an certain event.

The profile itself is WordPress’, not s2Member’s. User profiles are not public in WordPress, but there are plugins that help with that, like BuddyPress.

Or by s2Member profile, do you mean the s2Member custom profile fields? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields[/hilite]

These can be gotten from the database to display in a page with some custom coding. http://www.s2member.com/codex/stable/s2member/api_functions/package-functions/#src_doc_get_user_field%28%29

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.