latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Signup Now not working

Home Forums Community Forum Signup Now not working

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday May 15th, 2012 at 9:44 pm #13587

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday May 16th, 2012 at 1:10 am #13619

Hi Chris.

Could you post the link to the login page, please? Thanks!

Posted: Wednesday May 16th, 2012 at 10:09 am #13660

My site is not on a public IP yet.

The form with your brand comes up when I click on the link under Registration/Profile Fields and Options link however it does not come up on my site only the paypal button is visible.

Posted: Wednesday May 16th, 2012 at 4:10 pm #13685

What do you mean it doesn’t come up in your site? You mean that if you click the link to the login/registration page, it doesn’t come up? But you say that clicking the link to it does take you there. I don’t understand.

Could you show me a screenshot of the page where you say you don’t get the login form? And, from the web root of your local server, what URI does it have? Thanks.

Posted: Thursday May 17th, 2012 at 12:37 am #13723

Let me try to explain as I cannot paste a screen shot here. When I use the S2memeber PayPal buttons the membership page shows a link for sign up now which is on the membership page id of 40, when I select the link I come right back to the same page id of 40 where the custom form memebership fields are missing as well as a way to have the member fill in the blanks in other words an endless loop where new members cannot create an account.

When using the PayPal Pro button on the membership page the complete create account form with the custom fields are there and a member can register.

Under General Settings I have a site address and wordpress address that are different as I do not want to have all the wordpress stuff in the root directory. I have my index.php and the htaccess file in the root directory which keeps the actual directory where wordpress is located hidden from the users.

Hope this is more clear
Chris

Posted: Thursday May 17th, 2012 at 12:44 am #13724

Thanks, Chris.

How do you have the signup in a page? s2Member sends people to the default registration page after checkout. Unless you’re using the pro-forms, then payment and registration are in one step. Or you can have the free registration page, but then there’d be no payment. I’m a bit confused.

Could you send me the link using the contact form so I look at this, please? s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Thanks!

Posted: Saturday May 19th, 2012 at 12:09 am #13959

Chris, just saw your email with the link to the site. You mean the signup link in the s2Member Pro login widget, right?

It’s not pointing to the registration page because you disabled Open Registrations. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Open Registration[/hilite]

So the link, instead of pointing one to the registration page, points to the page you set as the Membership Options one. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Membership Options Page[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Saturday May 19th, 2012 at 11:26 am #13983

Thanks for the speedy reply, I have changed per your suggestion and now when I select the link “signup now” I get this as the URL: http://smogqwik.com/accounting-2
and there is no signup page?

Thanks
Chris

Posted: Monday May 21st, 2012 at 9:14 pm #14124

It’s not pointing to the registration page because you disabled Open Registrations. Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Open Registration

So the link, instead of pointing one to the registration page, points to the page you set as the Membership Options one. Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Membership Options Page

/accouunting-2 is the page you set as the Membership Options Page. That’s where you have to tell the user what to do to get the membership. If it’s free, then open the registrations and that’s it, if you want them to do something before (e.g. pay), tell them in the Membership Options page and put a button to pay you.

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.