latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Simple Lifetime Access Setup?

Home Forums Community Forum Simple Lifetime Access Setup?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jan 4th, 2013 at 10:51 am #36157

Hi Guys,

I’m setting up a simple, one payment and you get lifetime access.
How do I setup the buy now button for this simple approach?

THanks!

Kenn

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jan 4th, 2013 at 11:22 am #36161

Oh nevermind. Simply use the level 1 access setting … I didn’t see the lifetime, no recurring, one-time option there. So it seems traight forward.

Thanks tho!

Resolved.

Posted: Friday Jan 4th, 2013 at 11:38 am #36167

Ok, my next question is how do I set up a button that allows the buyer to get Lifetime access but pay in 3 installments?

Is that even possible?

THanks!

Posted: Saturday Jan 5th, 2013 at 8:57 am #36267

Hi Kenn.

Yes, it’s possible. You’d use the [hilite mono]rrt[/hilite] attribute set to 3 and have the Auto-EOT Behavior disabled, so it doesn’t demote, but you’ll have to deal manually with those that don’t finish paying.

[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Shortcode Attributes -> rrt[/hilite]
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior[/hilite]

Posted: Saturday Jan 5th, 2013 at 9:29 am #36269

Thanks Cristian.

To clarify …

I want to have the 3 payments automatically billed to their credit card.

I want buyers to have both options “pay in full for lifetime access” And the option to “pay in 3 payments for lifetime access”.

WHen you say, “deal manually with those who don’t finish paying” do you mean, for example, their credit card on files expires? I will have to followup for payment manually?

Will your suggestion work also for authorize.net payment method? (I notice there’s no authorize.net buttons, just pro forms).

THanks!

Posted: Monday Jan 7th, 2013 at 5:10 am #36425

I want buyers to have both options “pay in full for lifetime access” And the option to “pay in 3 payments for lifetime access”.

That’s fine, you’d just have to create a button for each payment option.

WHen you say, “deal manually with those who don’t finish paying” do you mean, for example, their credit card on files expires? I will have to followup for payment manually?

Right, if he picks up the 3 payments plan, pays only one but then cancels the subscription, he’d be left with access to the content although he didn’t finish paying, unless he’s demoted by you or you do something so he finishes paying.

The reason why I say you need to deactivate the auto-EOT behavior, is that after the recuring times are over, PayPal would tell s2Member that the subscription ended, and it’d trigger the EOT behavior. But if that happens when the user finished paying all the installments, then he shouldn’t be demoted, but if it happens when the user didn’t finish paying it’d be fine. So you’d need to handle those manually.

Will your suggestion work also for authorize.net payment method? (I notice there’s no authorize.net buttons, just pro forms).

Yes, Auth.Net pro-forms also have the [hilite mono]rrt[/hilite] attribute. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Authorize.Net® Pro Forms -› Shortcode Attributes -> rrt[/hilite]

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.