latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Since patch 130406 many users can't log

Home Forums Community Forum Since patch 130406 many users can't log

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cliff Thornton 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Apr 8th, 2013 at 4:32 am #46833

Hello,

after a year of flawless functioning, S2member suddenly stopped allowing non admin users to log in into the website.

What they get is not the usual “wrong password” message but a very specific:

ERROR: Invalid username or incorrect password

like the user does not exist at all (they do, I checked all of them).

We did not change anything in the last weeks except updating S2 member to v130406.

Disabling all plug ins did nothing, only disabling and re-enabling S2 member immedately restores functionality to those users. I also noticed that setting all these users to “Subscriber” immediately make them log in again (with reduced privileges of course). If I set them back to S1-S4 role then they get that message again.
Only 1 user, got fixed by enabling and then re-disabling the S2 member logs feature.

I installed that Server Check script and it’s all green checks (we are hosted on Bluehost by the way).

Needless to say, I have to go overseas in 2 days and of course right now the website is unusable for the users >_<

WP used is 3.5.1.

Any way to downgrade S2 member to the previous version? Our site cannot be taken down, cannot be restored (we have backups but we'd lose too much created content and users since 2 days ago).

Best regards,
dfumagalli

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Apr 9th, 2013 at 3:29 am #46878

Is my question incomplete? Should I send some sort of data?

Posted: Thursday Apr 11th, 2013 at 7:48 pm #47239
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Dario,

I’m sorry for this error, here’s a topic you’ll be interested in regarding changing to a previous version:
http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/rollback-to-previous-version/

However you’re the only user that seems to be reporting this so we can’t take this as a real bug report. :/

– Eduan

Posted: Tuesday Apr 16th, 2013 at 8:45 pm #47630

Hello,

first of all please excuse me for the delay, I was travelling by car across half Europe and then took a ferry to an island.

I know I am the only one with this issue, maybe it’s due to our unique “combination” of using S2Member in conjunction with Simple:Press 4.X (basically, a forum with paid access on most of its sections).

I wish I knew what logs or whatever to produce to possibly figure out what’s going wrong after a year of flawless working despite updating S2 Member every new version.

Posted: Friday Apr 19th, 2013 at 5:47 pm #47897
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Well s2Member’s logging feature can be found under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Log Files (Debug) -› Logging Configuration.

In there you will find a way to enable/disable the things that s2Member logs… Perhaps what you need is in there?

– Eduan

Posted: Monday May 6th, 2013 at 2:58 am #49253

Sorry, let me know if I should be logging a new topic as I was directed here to log my issue here as I am running into a similar problem…
After a new user registers they cannot login…They are not able to log in until I go into their user profiles and reset their passwords.
I am running version 130406 and am getting the same message for my new users as the OP:
ERROR: Invalid username or incorrect password

This is a brand new site I am developing and trying to deploy.
http://www.npopmtraining.org

When I check the log files in my security app (Better WP Security) I have I am seeing a lot of 404 errors.

Any ideas?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.