latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Single, multiple or multisite?

Home Forums Community Forum Single, multiple or multisite?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jan 17th, 2013 at 3:20 pm #37925
Jason Owens
Username: owens310

We are interested in having what I will term “leaders” and “workers” sign up on our site. Workers have access to certain material and leaders have access to material. There are times when these two pools of material will overlap.

At first I thought I was on the right track with a multisite installation (one site for workers, one site for leaders and a parent site to tie the two together), but then I discovered the following here on the support forum:

“While s2Member is compatible with WordPress Multisite Networking, the sites within a WordPress network are separate and not interconnected. That means you cannot share users, logins, or other data across the sites (including access control).

This means that creating a user on the parent site will not necessarily pass that individual’s account and permissions to the child site.

Can you please give me some advice on how we can have two pools of separate protected content (workers and leaders) and one pool of content shared between the two?

Thank you for your help.

Jason

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jan 19th, 2013 at 9:44 pm #38361
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry. ~ We appreciate your patience :-)

I understand. I agree that a Multisite Network is probably not the right solution here. I would suggest that you keep everything on one site. After all, WordPress is very dynamic, so creating multiple variations of a single site is going to be less work, more intuitive, and probably easier to maintain going forward. Also, s2Member® can make this quite easy to accomplish. Between Membership Levels, content Restrictions, and even Conditionals that can separate content within a Post/Page, I don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to separate things nicely. We have site owners running similar things with MANY variations, more than two in many cases.

I recommend this KB article. It goes over some important key points regarding the issue you’re having. Please see: Knowledge Base » Customizing Your Login Welcome Page

Please let us know if you have questions about the article :-)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.