latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Single or Subscription PayPal Purchase

Home Forums Community Forum Single or Subscription PayPal Purchase

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Ed Ferrigan 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Apr 30th, 2013 at 6:54 pm #48826

I have 4 levels of member ship. Bronze, silver, gold, platinum

Q1: Can i have 2 purchasing options for each level? Pay all or subscribe buttons?

Q2: Is this built into the basic free S2Member or do I need to update to the Pro version?

Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday May 1st, 2013 at 9:30 pm #48961
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Ed,

I don’t understand what you mean, could you please elaborate a little bit more?

Q1: Can i have 2 purchasing options for each level? Pay all or subscribe buttons?

How do you mean? You can choose to have the user use a buy-now button or a subscribe button. The first one will only require the user to pay once to get access for the specified amount of time.

The second will grant the user access for as long as he can keep paying the subscription. Does that answer your question?

Q2: Is this built into the basic free S2Member or do I need to update to the Pro version?

Need to understand the first question first. :)

– Eduan

Posted: Wednesday May 1st, 2013 at 11:07 pm #48979

Let me try again. I have 4 levels of membership. Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum. I want to give people the option to pay in full at a discount or make payments. To do this in PayPal I need a regular button and a subscribe button.

Will your basic system accomplish this or do I need the Advanced version? Reading through your forum makes me unsure if S2 Member will allow for two types of payment when someone signs up. Do I need any advanced feature to do this?

Posted: Thursday May 2nd, 2013 at 11:41 am #49020
Eduan

Oh I see what you mean. Yeah it’s possible, with the free version even.

pay in full at a discount

For that you can offer a buy-now button, it would simply include the discount already, so they pay once for less because the discount is included at button generation.

or make payments

Here it gets a little more complicated.

The user can pay for 1 year of access, for example, in 3 payments. So every 4 months (12 months / 3) he will pay part of the 1 year access. That’s possible.

But he can’t pay for 1 year of access in the first three months, making it a monthly payment.

I hope that makes it clear of what’s possible and what isn’t. It would be exactly the same in the pro version. So you can try to work it out with the free version, and if it works like you want it you can just upgrade to the pro version if you want.

– Eduan

Posted: Thursday May 2nd, 2013 at 12:53 pm #49024

Thanks Eduan
Re
The user can pay for 1 year of access, for example, in 3 payments. So every 4 months (12 months / 3) he will pay part of the 1 year access. That’s possible.

Can I do 3 payments for a certain amount? For example. The cost of a year long program is $1500. I want to have a recurring payment 3 times for $500. Will this work with regular PayPal business account and S2 basic or pro? Thanks
Ed

Posted: Thursday May 2nd, 2013 at 10:22 pm #49073
Eduan

Hello Ed,

I’m not sure. Let me ask Jason since he’s the expert on the entirety of s2Member. :)

– Eduan

Posted: Friday May 3rd, 2013 at 2:12 am #49085

You can do that with PayPal Standard buttons, setting regular payments to only be three of $500 every 4 months.

To recur only a set number of times, use the [hilite mono]rrt[/hilite] attribute. See: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Shortcode Attributes -> rrt[/hilite]

Posted: Friday May 3rd, 2013 at 10:26 am #49121

Thanks Cristian.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.