latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Single Users IP beeing punished

Home Forums Community Forum Single Users IP beeing punished

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Apr 9th, 2013 at 4:15 am #46879
Arny
Username: Arny

Hi, in my s2member a single user has been punished with IP restrictions. As he tries to logon he sees:

503: Service Temporarily Unavailable
Too many IP addresses accessing one secure area!
Please contact Support if you need assistance.

User promises he has not given his user credentials to anyone else.

I tried logging on with his username/password. Same result (message above).
I tired other users – no problem. The system seem to punish only this user.

I tired changing the restriction options and it finally worked by changing “Unique IP Access Restrictions” setting to “Allow infinite IPs …” <- only this one worked. Not "allow to 50, 75 or even 100". It needed to be "infinite"… .

However – all other users seem to not have this problem. How can this happen and what can I do, since I want to protect the content – but still "of course" the paid users need to have access without getting punished.

Looking forward to your answer.
Regards, Arny

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Apr 9th, 2013 at 11:47 pm #46991
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

I tired changing the restriction options and it finally worked by changing “Unique IP Access Restrictions” setting to “Allow infinite IPs …” <- only this one worked. Not "allow to 50, 75 or even 100". It needed to be "infinite"… .

You need to clear this User’s IP Restrictions. You can do this through the Edit Users menu:

Alternatively, you can refresh all Users’ IP Restrictions here
(Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Unique IP Access Restrictions):

Let us know if problems persist after you’ve done that. :-)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.