latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Site crash issue

Home Forums Community Forum Site crash issue

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Aug 8th, 2013 at 2:05 pm #55430

I am setting up a new WordPress site on Rackspace Cloud Sites, and when I install and then try to activate the free version of s2Member, the entire site crashes and the following message is displayed:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, root@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Apache/2.2 Server at http://www.mysite.com Port 80

I cannot get into the admin dashboard or anything else on the site. This has now happened twice on two different domains at Rackspace. What should I do? Thanks!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Aug 9th, 2013 at 11:30 pm #55510
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

I’m unaware of any reason s2Member would cause this issue. Does deleting the s2Member files via FTP fix the issue? Does this issue happen when you install s2Member, or when you activate it?

I would recommend contacting Rackspace and have them look into why this would happen as well.

Posted: Saturday Aug 10th, 2013 at 2:26 am #55516

Here’s what Rackspace support wrote to me:

There seems to be an issue with your .htaccess file.
If you comment out the following lines the site comes up:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} (^|\?|&)s2member_file_download\=.+ [OR]
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} (^|\?|&)no-gzip\=1
RewriteRule .* – [E=no-gzip:1]

Is it safe to delete those lines, or will this impact how s2Member works on my site?

Thanks!

Posted: Saturday Aug 10th, 2013 at 3:45 am #55517
Bruce
Staff Member

Is it safe to delete those lines, or will this impact how s2Member works on my site?

These lines disable GZIP on your server for s2Member’s file downloads. You can comment them out for now, but it may be necessary to add them back in if you ever have problems with s2Member’s file downloads.

Posted: Saturday Aug 10th, 2013 at 3:58 am #55518

Okay, thanks for the help!

Posted: Monday Aug 12th, 2013 at 11:18 pm #55604
Bruce
Staff Member

Okay, thanks for the help!

No problem. Let us know if you need any further help. :-)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.