latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Site Security badge

Home Forums Community Forum Site Security badge

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Aug 20th, 2013 at 11:38 am #56263
John Rock
Username: rocko

My site security badge has broken somewhere along my updating process. Worked after initial install. I also want to go pro with s2member as I like what I see for the most part. Is a SSL cert required for everything to work?
Also, Does a Catcha work in the Pro Registration process? I have registration turned off right now because of the raw number of registrations known to be spam accounts.
If I go Pro can I get some help to fix these minor issues?
Thanks,
John Rock

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Aug 21st, 2013 at 6:29 am #56327
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

My site security badge has broken somewhere along my updating process. Worked after initial install.

It sounds like you are affected by the change in version 130404. s2Member now requires logging to either be disabled, or for you to have the logs being put into another secure directory. There’s more information on this here:

Knowledge Base » s2Member® Security Badges

I also want to go pro with s2member as I like what I see for the most part.

Great! Glad to hear you’re considering s2Member Pro.

Is a SSL cert required for everything to work?

Not for everything to work. SSL Certificates are required for an HTTPS protocol to be used on pages with s2Member Checkout Forms. PayPal Pro Forms accepting Credit Cards directly with PayPal Pro, and Authorize.Net Pro Forms require this, but not everything else.

Also, Does a Catcha work in the Pro Registration process?

Yes, there’s an attribute in the Pro Form Shortcode that will allow you to integrate this directly in the Pro Form. It is set by default to show a “clean” version of the Captcha, which generally works best.

If I go Pro can I get some help to fix these minor issues?

Yes, we have a Customers Forums here that you’ll be able to post in:

http://www.s2member.com/forums/forum/customers/

You can also check here for our Support Policy:

s2Member® » Support Policy

Posted: Wednesday Aug 21st, 2013 at 3:54 pm #56372
John Rock
Username: rocko

I have done all those things with no success in making my badge turn back green or show up at the footer of my age.
Not sure what else to look for.
http://365gig.net/?s2member_s_badge_status=1

Displays the single “1” which should mean all is good right?

Posted: Wednesday Aug 21st, 2013 at 5:55 pm #56374
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member
@rocko

Displays the single “1″ which should mean all is good right?

Yes that should mean that you are good-to-go on the security badge. It sometimes takes up to 24-hours for s2Member to actually make the security badge work. s2Member doesn’t connect each time that the security badge loads to check to see if your site is secure. Only once a day.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.