latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Skipping paypal return page

Home Forums Community Forum Skipping paypal return page

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Feb 21st, 2013 at 5:41 pm #42761
gugtavas
Username: gugtavas

Quick question:

Can I “hide” the paypal return page and make the user go straight to the registration form once payment is complete? By default, the user pays and afterwards he is redirect to a page that confirms the payment and asks him to continue in order to register. Is there any way to skip this page if the payment is successful, so the user is directly shown the registration form?

In my tests, most users are confused because they think that they’re shown this page because registration is complete, when in fact they must still fill another form.

Thanks in advance!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Feb 22nd, 2013 at 10:01 am #42819

Hi gugtavas.

You can use the success attribute to specify the URL you want the user to be redirected to. Try that with the URL to your registration page. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Shortcode Attributes -> success[/hilite]

Or, instead, you could use the pro-form with PayPal Express Checkout (free). This will register the user and forward him to PayPal for payment, all in one step. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Membership Level # Forms[/hilite]

[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Shortcode Attributes -> accept[/hilite]
[hilite code]accept="paypal"[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Friday Feb 22nd, 2013 at 10:20 am #42823
gugtavas

Hi Cristián! Thanks for the reply!

Unfortunately, Pro Forms is not an option, because Payments Pro is not available in my country.

About the sucess attribute, is it possible to use it as the registration form url? The registration form url is not a dynamic link dependent on the sucess of the transaction?

Posted: Friday Feb 22nd, 2013 at 10:29 am #42825

Unfortunately, Pro Forms is not an option, because Payments Pro is not available in my country.

You can use the pro-forms without PayPal Payments Pro, you can use Express Checkout which is most probably available to you. Ask your PayPal support rep about it.

The registration form url is not a dynamic link dependent on the sucess of the transaction?

The return URL will be the s2Member one, s2Member processes the data it receives from PayPal, and then forwards to the URL you specified in the successs attribute. s2Member will set a cookie in the user’s browser and it will be picked up in the WP registration page.

The cookie will allow registration even if Open Registrations are disabled, and it includes the data to set the new account with the correct access the user paid for. The registration page’s URL is not dynamic, the data is in the cookie.

There is a custom registration link sent to the user in the confirmation email after checkout, which includes the data the cookie would have, and this is useful in case the cookie couldn’t be set for some reason.

Posted: Friday Feb 22nd, 2013 at 10:46 am #42829
gugtavas

Ok, then. Thanks Cristián! I will try and see if it works out!

Posted: Sunday Feb 24th, 2013 at 7:36 am #43087

No problem! I hope it does. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.