latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

[Solution] GetResponse Email Integration!

Home Forums Community Forum [Solution] GetResponse Email Integration!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Feb 4th, 2013 at 7:26 pm #40796

After many tries – a couple of false starts – and almost complete abandonment – I have come up with a very simple solution to integrate GetResponse email marketing with s2Member.

I hope this helps with anyone else who is struggling to get this done.

1) Create a webform in GetResponse. It can be any design – it doesn’t matter. Go through the steps until you reach the code. Within the code of your webform find the webform ID.

2) Now go to wordpress under S2Member > API / Notifications.

Here you need to choose at which point you want them signed up to your email list. You have 3 choices:
– Sign Up
– Registration
– Payment

I’m not going to explain the 3 choices because this training video does a much better job than I ever could. It’s a two part video – and the video you need to watch is in the second part, so make sure you watch both videos.

So watch that and decide at which point you want them to be signed up to your list.

3) Now paste this URL into the notification box that you have chosen:

https://app.getresponse.com/add_contact_webform.html?name=%%user_login%%&email=%%user_email%%&webform_id=WEB-ID-FROM-STEP-1&user_ip=%%user_ip%%

IMPORTANT: Make sure you replace the word “WEB-ID-FROM-STEP-1” with the webform ID you got from step one (obviously).

This will dynamically replace their username into the %%user_login%% field, their email into the %%user_email%% feild, and their IP address into the %%user_ip%% field. And it will send it all to getresponse, to the Web Form you have specified under “WEB-ID-FROM-STEP-1”.

Why are we including IP address? GetResponse needs this to be spam compliant and prove who signed up to your site and where.

4) So now anytime some signup to your site (or make a payment or whatever you chose from the notifications) it will add them to your list!

Tip: If you want to turn off the double-opt in feature you will need to call/email GetResponse and ask for permission. And also change your setting in GetResponse. Just changing the settings alone is not enough. You need permission/confirmation from them also.

Tip: In my specific situation I had a free membership site which allowed members to signup for a premium membership later on. So I added the code to the Registration notification. That signed everyone up to my list automcatially when ever they opened a free account. Then in GetResponse I setup Goals (under email analytics) and created an automation so that after any sale they would be moved automatically from my Free Members List to my Paid Members list. Very good for keeping things organised.

Hope that helps!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Feb 5th, 2013 at 4:49 pm #40875
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for the information.

Awarded Benjamin Gill Helpful Badge.
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.