latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Space Between Options in Drop-Down Menu

Home Forums Community Forum Space Between Options in Drop-Down Menu

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jun 10th, 2013 at 1:29 pm #51722

I made a drop-down menu with a large number of choices (about 2,700) for users to choose from. S2Member is automatically inserting spaces in between the choices, blank choices that can also be clicked on. What’s worse is that the actual choices are not being accepted as possible choices, so it is telling the user that they need to pick one of the empty spaces.

To see what this looks like, please visit: http://jailhandbooks.com/for-jail-officials/if-youve-received-a-freedom-of-information-act-foia-request/

If you select the second custom field, “Please select the jail…” you’ll see that spaces are inserted in between the actual choices which I want. This did not happen with the first custom field, the states field, and I do not know why it is happening, since I did not put any spaces in when I inserted the possible options.

Please let me know how to resolve this ASAP. It is very important that this be resolved quickly.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jun 11th, 2013 at 12:43 am #51738
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

It looks like an error with your syntax. s2Member is creating options twice for each of your selections. Could you copy a section of your custom field’s options field so we can take a look, please?

Posted: Tuesday Jun 11th, 2013 at 9:28 am #51762

Abbeville County Detention Center |Abbeville County Detention Center
Aberdeen Police Department |Aberdeen Police Department
Acadia Parish Jail Complex |Acadia Parish Jail Complex
Accomack County Jail |Accomack County Jail

The problem could be that I’m listing them twice each… but I really want the “value” to be the same as the display option that the user sees.

Posted: Tuesday Jun 11th, 2013 at 9:30 am #51763

It seems that listing the jail names twice was the problem. I’ll just use numbers instead. Thanks!

Posted: Tuesday Jun 11th, 2013 at 11:43 am #51769

I made the change to numbers, as in:

2 |Abbeville County Detention Center
3 |Aberdeen Police Department
4 |Acadia Parish Jail Complex
5 |Accomack County Jail

and this has NOT resolved the issue. PLEASE ADVISE. This is quite urgent.

Posted: Tuesday Jun 11th, 2013 at 11:45 am #51770

I think the issue is the space between the number and the line. I will try that.

Posted: Tuesday Jun 11th, 2013 at 11:53 am #51771

That appears to have resolved the issue.

Posted: Tuesday Jun 11th, 2013 at 11:54 pm #51798
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

That appears to have resolved the issue.

Cool thanks for the update. Let us know if problems persist.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.