latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Specific Page Restiction different payments

Home Forums Community Forum Specific Page Restiction different payments

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday May 2nd, 2013 at 8:42 am #49005

One one page I have 4 different payment options to access a specific restricted page. This has meant creating 4 different specific page buy now buttons.

Is there a way to give access to the specific page using 1 button with the different payment options. I ask because having the 4 buttons is causing the page to load slowly.

Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday May 2nd, 2013 at 6:00 pm #49044
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello there,

So if I understood correctly, you’re using several payment gateways, one button for each, in order to allow the user to buy one specific post/page access. Correct?

Or are you using Several buttons of the same payment gateway?

Could you please clarify on that bit? Thanks!

– Eduan

Posted: Friday May 3rd, 2013 at 2:46 am #49095

Hi

Sorry I should have been a bit clearer. I’m using 4 PayPal specific page buy now buttons.

Posted: Friday May 3rd, 2013 at 1:56 pm #49134

If using shortcodes for 4 buttons on the same page is being slow for you, you could try using buttons created over at PayPal. Knowledge Base » Using Buttons Generated @ PayPal.com

To have one button instead of 4, after you created the above, you can try having a dropdown in the HTML form and make the button’s ID a select dropdown with the IDs as values and the payment plan as the description.

Posted: Friday May 3rd, 2013 at 7:18 pm #49163

Yes I tried that but couldn’t then work out how to make the page that people would be buying access to a restricted page.

I thought the only way to do that was via the PayPal buttons using S2 members specific restricted page. Is theer another way to do this via PayPal?

Posted: Friday May 3rd, 2013 at 8:37 pm #49169

A way to create a button over at PayPal.com other than the one shown in the article I linked to? No, it has to be done as explained there for the button to be integrated with s2Member. Knowledge Base » Using Buttons Generated @ PayPal.com

Posted: Friday May 3rd, 2013 at 8:59 pm #49171

The thing is we’re selling a specific page not a membership level. The idea is that they get access to just the specific page without having to become a member.

Posted: Friday May 3rd, 2013 at 9:47 pm #49173

That’s fine. You’d specify that in the [hilite mono]item_number[/hilite]. For example [hilite mono]sp:58:72[/hilite], where 58 is the ID of the post, and 72 the hours of access.

You can generate a Specific Post button shortcode and then look at the HTML box and look for the item number there. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Specific Post/Page (Buy Now) Buttons[/hilite]

<input type="hidden" name="item_number" value="sp:58:72" />
Posted: Monday May 6th, 2013 at 8:27 am #49258

Thanks Cristián that’s worked perfectly.

Posted: Tuesday May 7th, 2013 at 1:52 am #49345

Great! Thanks for the update. :)

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.