latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Specific Post Page email link not being sent

Home Forums Community Forum Specific Post Page email link not being sent

This topic contains 18 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday May 24th, 2012 at 12:19 pm #14490

Hello, I asked a question on someones else’s similar issue and was asked by Cristian to make a new thread. Here it is.

My experience is that no emails are being sent for a Specific Post Page Buy now purchase. I installed the WP Mail SMTP plugin like another help forum mentioned and it hasn’t cleared up the issue. The test email with the plugin works fine.

Customers email me later and are upset. They used to receive their purchase confirmation emails, but recently have stopped receiving them. I made no alterations to the settings on the S2 Member plugin. I’m using the Pro version.

Thank you

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday May 25th, 2012 at 7:07 am #14553

Thanks Franck.

I got your email and checked out the site. I enabled logging so we get logs from the transactions to gather more info. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Google® Checkout Options -› Account Details -› Logging[/hilite]

Did you configure your Google API integration as shown here? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Google® Checkout Options -› Google API v2.5 Integration[/hilite]

Instead of waiting for a new customer, with an edited version of your button’s shortcode, change it to 1 cent so you can test yourself to see the behavior and get log entries.

Once you have another transaction with the problem, please get all the related entries from every file in the s2member-logs directory, even if it says PayPal in the name. You can send them using the contact form. s2Member® » Private Contact Form

I hope that helps.

Posted: Wednesday May 30th, 2012 at 7:56 pm #14990

I’m not using Google Checkout. I’m using PayPal.

When I initially set up the site using S2 Member, the customers were getting their confirmation email with access link for their Specific Page Purchase. All of the sudden, they stopped getting those emails. This is my problem.

I have already installed the Mail log plugin and it tests fine, but it is still not showing any record of any confirming emails from any sales.

Posted: Thursday May 31st, 2012 at 5:46 am #15013

I’m very sorry Franck. When you posted I also got an email through the contact form with login info and a link to this thread, so I confused it as your site, but it was actually another user that sent it. Sorry for the confusion.

About your site, do you have logging enabled? And what do the logs say for the transactions you have problems with? Could you post all the related entries (x’ing out private info like email)?

Did you test deactivating other plugins one by one and trying a test 1 cent purchase after each?

Posted: Thursday May 31st, 2012 at 1:19 pm #15068

I have logging enabled. Where do i go to find the logs to read?

as far as turning all the plugins off one by one goes, emails were being sent with transactions, then they suddenly stopped being sent.

Posted: Thursday May 31st, 2012 at 4:30 pm #15085

The logs can be found under [hilite mono]/wp-content/plugins/s2member-logs/[/hilite].

It’s possible that a recent plugin upates introduced a conflict that caused the emails to stop working.

Posted: Thursday May 31st, 2012 at 5:47 pm #15089

I haven’t updated any of my plugins. Once I got everything working, I left it alone. I have edited some text, but that is all.

Posted: Thursday May 31st, 2012 at 8:14 pm #15094

Got ya. I’ll wait for the logs then.

If you could, please put up a button to purchase for 1 cent so I make a test purchase too, would like to experience the checkout.

You can send all that to me using the private contact form: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

If you include the dashboard and FTP login info, I can take a look at the log entries I generate with my test purchases and review the s2Member settings to make sure everything’s fine there.

Thanks!

Posted: Thursday May 31st, 2012 at 8:16 pm #15095

How do I send a log? where do i get the information that you want?

Posted: Thursday May 31st, 2012 at 8:19 pm #15097

The contact form has an attachment field, which you can use to attach the log files in a single zip archive. It also has fields for the login info. If you send the FTP login, I can look at the logs myself straight from the server, no need to attach them.

Posted: Thursday May 31st, 2012 at 8:21 pm #15098

I need to know how to get the log files that you want me to send

Posted: Thursday May 31st, 2012 at 8:37 pm #15099

The logs can be found under [hilite mono]/wp-content/plugins/s2member-logs/[/hilite].

Posted: Thursday Jun 7th, 2012 at 10:13 pm #15882

Cristian, I cannot see how to send you the FTP login so only you can look at it. I cannot see how to attach a file here also, or is that another place. I can send it directly to your email if you like.

Posted: Friday Jun 8th, 2012 at 1:01 am #15898
Staff Member

Details received via private contact form.
~ One of us will review shortly.

Posted: Friday Jun 15th, 2012 at 11:43 pm #16638

Hello Jason,

Hope you haven’t forgot about me. It has been a week.

Franck

Posted: Saturday Jun 30th, 2012 at 10:16 am #17960
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this request for support.

@Franck Benedetti

Hi there. I am SO sorry. Yes, we did fail miserably here, and I sincerely apologize.
It looks like I archived this thread by mistake. Completely forgot about you :-(

I’ve just finished a review of your installation and log files.
I’m finding several IPN log entries that look like this:
'mc_currency' => 'USD',
'item_number' => '',
'residence_country' => 'CA',
'handling_amount' => '0.00',
'transaction_subject' => 'h****eo.com',
'payment_gross' => '29.95',
'shipping' => '0.00',
'ipn_track_id' => '207*****3',
's2member_log' => 
array (
  0 => 'IPN received on: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:49:59 am UTC',
  1 => 's2Member POST vars verified through a POST back to PayPal®.',
  2 => 's2Member originating domain ( `$_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"]` ) validated.',
  3 => 'Ignoring this IPN request. The `txn_type/status` does NOT require any action on the part of s2Member.',
),

This indicates a problem with the original PayPal Button that was used to make the purchase. The original PayPal Button did NOT include an item_number, because it’s empty in the IPN data that PayPal sent back to s2Member. Therefore, incoming IPNs (and post-processing of each transaction) is failing on your installation.

I suggest that you implement your PayPal Buttons using an s2Member Shortcode:
Please see: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons

Or, if you’re generating your own PayPal Buttons, please follow these instructions carefully.
http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=309#p1333

Posted: Saturday Jun 30th, 2012 at 10:42 am #17963

I created my paypal buttons using the specific post page buy now feature. what is really disappointing is that it used to work fine, then stopped working. what started out as simple integration has turned more and more complicated. I wish I was still within the time frame to get a refund on my purchase.

Posted: Saturday Jun 30th, 2012 at 5:41 pm #17986

Franck, now that Jason spotted that, I went in and looked up the pages where you have the buttons. I found them and noticed that your shortcodes for them are split into separate lines.

[[s2Member-PayPal-Button sp="1" ids="191" exp="24" desc="Description starts here - line break

continues here" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="yoursite.com" ra="29.95"

image="default" output="button" /]]

The buttons does come up in the page, but I can’t help wondering if the line breaks are causing this problem. I noticed over at PayPal after clicking the button, that the description includes a [hilite code]

[/hilite], which wouldn’t normally be there.

Could you make the shortcode a single line as the generator outputs it, without styling (one of them is partly bolded in the Visual editor), and do a test transaction with it? It can be for 1 cent.

[[s2Member-PayPal-Button sp="1" ids="191" exp="24" desc="Description starts here - continues here without line break" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="yoursite.com" ra="29.95" image="default" output="button" /]]
Posted: Saturday Jun 30th, 2012 at 5:45 pm #17987

Yeah, I went ahead and tested this.

Edited one of the pages with your buttons, copied the multi-line shortcode, pasted below it removing the line breaks and styling. Previewed the page, clicked that button, and the item number was now shown in the PayPal interface, where it doesn’t with the buttons you have.

Please make those changes, test them, and let us know how it goes. :)

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.