latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

specific post/page buy now button + membershi

Home Forums Community Forum specific post/page buy now button + membershi

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Aug 16th, 2012 at 3:18 pm #22275

so I have successfully set up a specific page that can be accessed only after purchase via paypal (button).

the user receives a confirmation email and a link to access the page. so I have three questions:

1. is that the only way for them to access the content?
2. what happens if they (accidentally?) delete the email?
3. would the user be able to access the link via some sort of (custom?) membership “account” page?

thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Aug 17th, 2012 at 9:52 am #22350
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Pirco,

1. is that the only way for them to access the content?

Yes, the link they are given is the only way to access the content, for security reasons.

2. what happens if they (accidentally?) delete the email?
3. would the user be able to access the link via some sort of (custom?) membership “account” page?

For that kind of situation you would generate another link and send it to them by email, you can find a link generator under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Specific Post/Page Access Links

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Friday Aug 17th, 2012 at 3:21 pm #22387

thanks.

It would be nice, though, to allow level 0 memberships which could then give buyers of specific posts/pages the ability to retrieve the link(s) to their purchases from their “membership options” page.

also, it might make it possible to associate the link to their membership only. as it stands, buyers of specific posts/pages can just forward the link to anyone, right?

Posted: Friday Aug 17th, 2012 at 4:57 pm #22396
Eduan

It would be nice, though, to allow level 0 memberships which could then give buyers of specific posts/pages the ability to retrieve the link(s) to their purchases from their “membership options” page.

You might be able to achieve this, not sure though, just have to make a hack that allows this in a limited manner.

also, it might make it possible to associate the link to their membership only. as it stands, buyers of specific posts/pages can just forward the link to anyone, right?

This isn’t possible I believe, because the whole idea of specific post/page access is that the user doesn’t need to register in order to get access to this page, besides the fact that you sell a specific page.
Check this post by Jason on sharing specific post/page access URLs:
http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/how-to-killdelete-a-specific-generated-link/#post-22369

Posted: Wednesday Nov 28th, 2012 at 9:08 pm #32850
jay ADAMS
Username: harmony

How can I get Button Code Generator For Specific Post/Page Buttons for less than 2 hours?

Also, how can we get a plugin that gradually wind down on the set time. I.E. Fi the client have 30 minutes, it will warn them that their time is about to expire and then cut them off. Thanks any Guru eminence with clemency.

Posted: Thursday Nov 29th, 2012 at 10:39 am #32909
Eduan

Hello Jay,

For this you would simply need to generate the button with 2 days, and then manually edit the button so that it has less than 2 days. Check under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained) to see what you would need to modify in order to achieve this.

Posted: Friday Nov 30th, 2012 at 3:56 pm #33038
jay ADAMS
Username: harmony

Thank you Eduan.
I saw the area explaining the Short codes usage understandably. The help in request is for “minutes”.
i.e. We want client permission to time out for 30 minutes. Will decimal number like 0.5 minutes work?. We can try it to find out but we have trepidation not to screw up the program and site. Thanks for your expertise and time . Cheers

Posted: Saturday Dec 1st, 2012 at 11:05 am #33109
Eduan

I’m afraid the shortest you can set it to is to 1 hour, securely that is. :/

You can test using 0.5 as a value, but I’m not sure of the results, it certainly wouldn’t mess up the website, it would only throw an error if it’s an invalid value.

Using the exp attribute: exp="1"

Which would only work in specific post/pages restrictions, of course.

– Eduan

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.