latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Specify a Custom Profile Modification Page

Home Forums Community Forum Specify a Custom Profile Modification Page

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday May 8th, 2013 at 12:46 pm #49488

What I would like to do:
I would like to have the ability to block members from accessing the wp-admin/profile (easily done) I can add a link on the members welcome page that would allow a member to use the s2 profile modification form, however, I don’t like the UX of that workflow when the user clicks the ‘edit profile’ link from the toolbar.

It seems as I have two options, modify wordpress or use s2-hacks to find the right place to hack into and adjust the redirect.

Wordpress is easy enough to modify the toolbar using wp_before_admin_bar_render. If I have to do this then I will. I’d prefer not to.

Is there a hook that I can use to keep the member profile redirection option set to yes and conditionally redirect to another page with their limited profile information?

POSSIBLY RELATED: http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/redirect-members-redirects-adminstrators/

I have attempted the above, with a capability change (access_s2member_level4) the url will change to wp-admin/profile.php and then just get redirected back to my members welcome page.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday May 9th, 2013 at 12:28 am #49542
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

It seems as I have two options, modify wordpress or use s2-hacks to find the right place to hack into and adjust the redirect.

When you say the redirect, what link are you talking about here, the login widget?

Posted: Thursday May 9th, 2013 at 12:44 am #49550

When you say the redirect, what link are you talking about here, the login widget

No, I’m not using the login widget. The WordPress tool bar (wp_admin_bar) when the member is logged in the toolbar appears and has two links, ‘edit my profile’ and ‘logout.’ These are generated by WordPress core.

With the redirect member option set to YES that ‘edit my profile’ link will redirect back to my member welcome page.

There is no way to indicate that someone has been redirected here by clicking the ‘edit my profile’ link… I don’t want to have a link with the stand alone pop up profile modification page on my member welcome page, nor use the shortcode to have that rendered always on my member welcome page.

I want to be able to set either a $_GET or $_POST var to indicate the member welcome page is being loaded via a click on the ‘edit my profile’ link… This allowing me to conditionally show the profile modification form you provide while maintaining the security of not allowing the full wp-admin profile section.

Posted: Thursday May 9th, 2013 at 7:17 pm #49634
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

There is no way to indicate that someone has been redirected here by clicking the ‘edit my profile’ link… I don’t want to have a link with the stand alone pop up profile modification page on my member welcome page, nor use the shortcode to have that rendered always on my member welcome page.

WordPress defines the constant IS_PROFILE_PAGE when you access this page. You could look for this and redirect from the page with wp_redirect() for a quick fix.

If you have to change the link directly I think you’ll have to edit the file directly.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.