latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Speed Issues Possibly Related to s2Member

Home Forums Community Forum Speed Issues Possibly Related to s2Member

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 12 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jan 3rd, 2013 at 3:49 pm #36131

Good Afternoon,

I was hoping you might be able to give me some insight as to performance issues related to my site. Load times are horrendous and inconsistent. Site: http://www.mnpsych.org.

I have searched your forums for some ideas and have tried a few, but I still seem to be having issues. Some things I have tried are increasing the PHP Memory on my server and installing Quick Cache.

I contacted my host in regards to the issue and their response was this:

WordPress database error You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘( blog_id, meta_key, meta_value ) VALUES ( 1, ‘last_activity’, ‘2012-12-13 16:29’ at line 1 for query INSERT INTO ( blog_id, meta_key, meta_value ) VALUES ( 1, ‘last_activity’, ‘2012-12-13 16:29:22’ ) made by require(‘wp-blog-header.php’), require_once(‘wp-load.php’), require_once(‘wp-config.php’), require_once(‘wp-settings.php’), do_action(‘init’), call_user_func_array, c_ws_plugin__s2member_profile_mods::handle_profile_modifications, c_ws_plugin__s2member_profile_mods_in::handle_profile_modifications, wp_update_user, wp_insert_user, do_action(‘profile_update’), call_user_func_array, bp_blogs_add_user_to_blog, bp_blogs_record_blog, bp_blogs_update_blogmeta

It all seems to hinge on one of these plugins you have:

s2member/
s2member-files/
s2member-logs/
s2member-pro/

Based on the above information, do you know of a quick fix for this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Sev

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jan 5th, 2013 at 2:40 pm #36309
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Sev,

It looks like you might have an outdated version of SQL based on what they replied to you with. Could you try putting this Server Check Tool into your main directory with your WordPress files on it, then accessing the file that you uploaded through your browser?

Posted: Monday Jan 7th, 2013 at 9:27 am #36456

Good Morning Bruce,

Thank you for your reply.

I did try running the server check tool before contacting you guys. It shows everything as passed. I still have the file on the server, if it helps for you to take a look at the results, you can view them here: http://www.mnpsych.org/s2Member-check-my-server.php

Please let me know if you have any other thoughts or feedback.

Thanks again!
Sev

Posted: Tuesday Jan 8th, 2013 at 4:58 pm #36614

Thanks for the server check, Sev. Indeed, everything looks fine there.

Did you try the other tests in this article? Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

I’d also try testing in a dir of your site, a clean installation of WP with just s2Member to see if you have that db error too. I know that the error you’re reporting is not common, you’re the first one to mention it, so it’s specific to your installation.

Let us know how it goes. :)

Posted: Wednesday Jan 9th, 2013 at 12:42 pm #36793

Cristián,

Thanks for your reply and taking a look.

I was afraid you might say something to the effect. I think I know where it stems from at this point. Something happened to my install awhile back and I had to have the hosting company restore it from a previous point in time, so I think in that restore process something corrupted.

I have s2Member running on another site with almost identical plugins installed, minus buddypress, so I think it is definitely a corruption somewhere in this particular site / wordpress install. Unless you know of any conflicts with buddypress that may be causing it? However, I find that unlikely.

Thanks for your knowledge and efforts. I appreciate it.
Sev

Posted: Saturday Jan 12th, 2013 at 7:49 am #37121

Something happened to my install awhile back and I had to have the hosting company restore it from a previous point in time, so I think in that restore process something corrupted.

I see, yeah, that’s possible.

Unless you know of any conflicts with buddypress that may be causing it? However, I find that unlikely.

I haven’t seen this reported when BuddyPress is combined with s2Member.

I have s2Member running on another site with almost identical plugins installed, minus buddypress, so I think it is definitely a corruption somewhere in this particular site / wordpress install.

Okay, thanks for confirming it.

If your installation with the problem can’t be fixed, I guess you can try going with rebuilding the site from clean scripts, like you didn with the test installation. Then try to recover the data from the live site, but being careful not to carry over corrupt data. You could export the users, then review the rows to make sure everything’s fine, and then import to the new installation. Once you have the new one working right and no problems can be found, make the switch.

Thanks for your knowledge and efforts. I appreciate it.

No problem, I’m happy to help. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.