latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Starting with Level #0, not working

Home Forums Community Forum Starting with Level #0, not working

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Manni01 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Sep 6th, 2013 at 4:10 am #59189

I’m a first-timer. I believe I have followed all the steps. It was working a few days ago. now its not. Everybody that registers for a free account (which should be level 0) ends up being a subscriber. My users cant see any pages because i have all of my pages set up for level 0 and 1. which to see level 1 you would have to pay for to see those pages. Not to worried about level 1 because well, level 0 not working anyways. can anybody help me with level 0. why is that not working?! i have the s2member pro plugin install right now.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Sep 6th, 2013 at 5:33 am #59191
Manni01
Username: Manni01

Did you check in General Options that the setting in Open Registration had not changed?
It needs to be set to “yes, allow open registration” to allow free subscribers. If it’s set to no, then there is no level 0.

Posted: Friday Sep 6th, 2013 at 5:44 am #59192

Ya , I did check that and played around with that for awhile. When I set “yes, allow open registration” in s2member to allow free subscribers. WordPress makes every who registers as a subsciber. not a level 0. Thats how it all started. so i switched it back to “no” in s2member but still having the same problem. I’ll try again. if i dont reply back asap. That means it didnt solve the problem I’m having. any more ideas. I can use them…..

Posted: Friday Sep 6th, 2013 at 5:55 am #59193
Manni01

Okay, here are a few more ideas (you need to leave open registration set to yes, so please make sure you do).

– Have you defined a label for level 0 (free subscribers) in membership levels/labels?
– When you check that, on the same page, make sure force wordpress to use your labels is not set to yes, and you can try to reset to the default roles/capabilities as well (make sure it’s not going to create issues with other plugins you might be using, especially if your site is already live). Having an up to date backup of the website is HIGHLY recommended before trying these two (ie set maintenance mode on, backup, and only get out of maintenance more once you know you won’t need to restore the backup).
– You can also install the capabilities manager enhanced plugin from the wordpress repository (it will find it if you search for it from the add new plugin screen) and check the roles in your website install.

Let us know how that goes.

Posted: Friday Sep 6th, 2013 at 6:31 am #59194

Rechecked everything, like you mention. Added a fake profile and after registration, still a Subscriber (role). i cant remember if thats the default for level (0).

Posted: Friday Sep 6th, 2013 at 6:41 am #59195
Manni01

Yes, level zero are subscribers, because they have registered, like paid-for members.
level 1-4 is for paid for members.
What you need to check is if they have a level 0.

Edit: can you see the pages set to “require level 0 or higher” when logging in with the free subscriber?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by  Manni01.
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.