latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Starting with Level #0, not working

Home Forums Community Forum Starting with Level #0, not working

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Lyn Burg 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Feb 3rd, 2013 at 3:16 am #40525
Lyn Burg
Username: prodreamer

I’m a first-timer. I believe I have followed all the steps. Trying to start with the free membership as I am not prepared to sell anything yet.

When I go to the site and click on a page that should be restricted, I expect to get to the membership options page. Instead, I just get to the page.

My options page does not include a paypal button as one is not available for level o.

I have no shortcode on that page either. Open registration is ON.

What am I missing? It’s just not activated.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Feb 3rd, 2013 at 11:36 am #40556

Did you add a restriction to the page or “all” pages under restriction options?

Posted: Sunday Feb 3rd, 2013 at 12:08 pm #40558
Lyn Burg

Yes, I have page and post restrictions for level 0 only. Thanks

Posted: Monday Feb 4th, 2013 at 3:31 pm #40779
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Lyn,

So the problem is that you don’t get redirected to the membership options page, correct?

If so, could you please make sure that you have set a membership options page under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Membership Options Page.

Also, if that doesn’t work, or if you did set a page. Could you please make sure that you are logged out? If you’re logged in as an admin then you will not be redirected, ever.

– Eduan

Posted: Monday Feb 4th, 2013 at 4:24 pm #40786
Lyn Burg

Exactly- I am not logged into my site and go to a restricted page and am not redirected to the membership options page I created.

I just noticed that I had not generated my security encryption key, but I have now and saved it. Then I closed and reopened my browser and still not working.

Something I am not clear on. There is no PayPal button available for level #0. Does this just skip this step for level #0? I don’t feel the instructions are clear on how a person would register without clicking a PayPal button.

Posted: Wednesday Feb 6th, 2013 at 10:37 pm #40961
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Lyn,

People that register for level 0 do not pay. Level 0 is the only free level you can offer with s2Member free. People register for level 0 at http://www.yourwebsite.com/wp-login.php?action=register, replacing yourwebsite with your actual domain of course.

Could you please try the steps in this article, just to make sure: Knowledge Base » Don't Mix www, — and Without!

– Eduan

Posted: Thursday Feb 7th, 2013 at 12:53 pm #41037
Lyn Burg

On my General Settings both the WordPress Address URL and the Site Address URL are:

http://propheticdreamers.com

You wrote: “People register for level 0 at http://www.yourwebsite.com/wp-login.php?action=register, replacing yourwebsite with your actual domain of course.” OK, so what am I missing? Why doesn’t it work? How does the page direct people to the right place to register? Instructions don’t seem to address this issue other than to say you can do it.

Posted: Thursday Feb 7th, 2013 at 2:57 pm #41044

When you set the level required for access on the page itself (top right), a user will be automatically redirected to the membership page if they don’t have appropriate permission. If payment is required that’s where they pay, if not that’s where they register for free.

Posted: Thursday Feb 7th, 2013 at 8:51 pm #41140
Lyn Burg

Thanks. Maybe i am getting somewhere. I hadn’t noticed that. The s2Member box on the right top of the page itself says this:

This Page is your:
Membership Options Page
( always publicly available )

There are no options to set there. Where do I change that to Level #0?

Posted: Thursday Feb 7th, 2013 at 9:24 pm #41151

Look at the page you want to protect (not the member options page which would always have to be unprotected) and you should see a drop down with the levels:

Posted: Friday Feb 8th, 2013 at 12:30 am #41169
Lyn Burg

OK. It works fine except when you complete registration and log in, it goes to the admin side rather than the home page. I do not want anyone to have access to admin! Yikes! What do i change?

Posted: Friday Feb 8th, 2013 at 9:21 am #41202

You can set the page they are redirected to in the general options (Log In Welcome Page):
Either:
Login Welcome Page ( required, please customize this )

Please create and/or choose an existing Page to use as the first page Members will see after logging in.

*Tip* This special Page will be protected from public access ( automatically ) by s2Member.

See also: This KB article: Customizing Your Login Welcome Page.

Or, add your own url.

Posted: Friday Feb 8th, 2013 at 11:54 am #41211
Lyn Burg

Thanks, Matt. Yes, I have done that. In fact, everything is working fine now. Thanks to everyone!

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.