latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

State keeps defaulting to Wyoming

Home Forums Community Forum State keeps defaulting to Wyoming

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 4 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Feb 9th, 2012 at 5:59 pm #4682

Hello, I s2member pro installed and have a long list of Custom Registration/Profile Fields. One of them is State and I have it set up as so:

US|Choose a State...|default
US|Alabama
US|Alaska
US|Arizona
US|Arkansas
US|California
US|Colorado
US|Connecticut
US|Delaware
US|District of Columbia
US|Florida
US|Georgia
US|Hawaii
US|Idaho
US|Illinois
US|Indiana
US|Iowa
US|Kansas
US|Kentucky
US|Louisiana
US|Maine
US|Maryland
US|Massachusetts
US|Michigan
US|Minnesota
US|Mississippi
US|Missouri
US|Montana
US|Nebraska
US|Nevada
US|New Hampshire
US|New Jersey
US|New Mexico
US|New York
US|North Carolina
US|North Dakota
US|Ohio
US|Oklahoma
US|Oregon
US|Pennsylvania
US|Rhode Island
US|South Carolina
US|South Dakota
US|Tennessee
US|Texas
US|Utah
US|Vermont
US|Virginia
US|Washington
US|West Virginia
US|Wisconsin
US|Wyoming

The problem I am running into is that when a user submits their updated profile, or their initial profile, the sate ALWAYS says Wyoming.

For example, I set up my account and selected Michigan as my state. When I look at the user account now, it show my state as Wyoming.

Anyone? this is CRITICAL. Thank you.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by  Eduan. Reason: Added the tags, the Custom Registration/Profile Fields list used too much space

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Feb 9th, 2012 at 8:48 pm #4701
Staff Member

Hi there. Thanks for your inquiry.

This is a quick fix. It looks like your options are configured wrong is all. You have the same option value for every line, so no matter what the registrant chooses, he also ends up with US as the form field value. A browser will default to Wyoming, because it’s the last one in the list.

You should have…
option value|option label

AL|Alabama
AK|Alaska
AZ|Arizona

etc..

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.